• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

Hmm Woj and Shams both just tweeted the the Jazz gave Bball Paul an offer sheet 3/$24 but tweets aren’t working

Sounds like BBall Paul may have already played his last game in a Sixers uniform.

The Jazz are in a great position. I like the JC and Reed moves. They have 8 1st round picks in the 2025, 2026, and 2027 drafts. Only one is protected (Lakers top 4). They can trade for pretty much any player they want.

Amen Thompson out 2-3 weeks with an ankle sprain.

Patty Mills went from the Nets to Rockets to OKC. All in all, OKC used a good chunk of their cap space to absorb contracts and get second round picks.

ESPN is announcing the details of the In-Season Tournament at 7:30. Props to the NBA for putting together three "events" on the first weekend of July.

Last edited:
Pop signed a 5/80 contract that would have him coaching the Spurs until he's 79.

The NBA is going all in with this NBACon and In-Season Tournament (NBA Cup) hype.

Group play - Six groups of five randomly selected teams, three each from the East and West.
Knock-out round - Group champs and remaining team with the best record in each conference advance to the 8 team single elimination.

Group games are on Tuesdays and Fridays in November. Final Four on December 7 and 9, Thursday and Saturday after college football championship weekend.

Groups are split into 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15 from last season and randomly placed into one group each.

Gotta say I wasn't big on this idea, but this format should work.

Last edited:
Wemby wasn't as athletic as I thought he would be. He was even a bit...awkward? He kept losing his balance and falling down or landing awkwardly and stumbling. he is going to get dunked on a lot. On the plus side, he had some nice offensive moves where his shot didn't fall and he probably hits those shots in a few months with more experience.
And eggs, pancakes and strength.

Blocked shot potential is real high too.

He will be good.

I wish they had a veteran enforcer to help, Portis, PJ Tucker, retired Haslem type guy as Collins is a little soft

This is where a rumored trade for Valancuinas would help.

Completely missed that Portland is finally getting a G-League affiliate. Rip City Remix is a great name.

The Suns are the only team without a G-League affiliate. They sold it to the Pistons who moved it to Detroit and renamed it the Motor City Cruise and the Grand Rapids team is now the Gold and the Nuggets affiliate. Weird stuff.

Last edited:
Wemby with 27 pts, 12 reb, 1 stl, 3 blks on 9-14 fg and 2-3 from deep.

having seen exactly 2 minutes of wembanyama highlights, he's my new favorite player

lol Sixers matched the bball Paul offer sheet yessss
Interesting. The Sixers GM and owner think enough of BBall Paul to bite the bullet on the potential salary cap issues his contract will create.

And James Harden is still a Sixer as of this writing.

Will Nick Nurse like Reed enough to actually play him? Townie, how much has Reed played with Embiid? Can't be much. I'd like to see them try it as much as Embiid likes to play outside.

Not surprisingly, Brandon Miller stunk it up again last night, going a whopping 4-18 from the field, and 0-7 from 3. Being the stat buff I am, I went back to look at his shooting since the infamous "lock him up" game in which he scored 41 against a shitty Gamecocks team, which appears to be the primary reason he was drafted.

This sorry sonofabitch has played 13 organized games since then: 9 college and 4 NBA SL. The college games included the SEC tournament and the NCAA tournament. Arguably, that should be the toughest 13 game stretch of his basketball life to date, and the closest comparison the NBA available.

Even ignoring the fact that the SEC turned out to be complete ass, this poor bastard shot a combined 61 - 184 (33.15%) from the field over that span. What is even fucking worse, is that he has shot only 25 - 98 (25.5%) from 3 in those games. What is even more fucking worse, is that that in just his 9 final college games alone, he still only shot 18 - 72 (25%) from 3, with the shorter 3pt line!

We were duped! This motherfucker was billed as an ELIte shooter, and he can't shoot shit! What a horrific pick with Scoot sitting right there. This pick may be worse than MKG. At least MKG's flaw was known. Miller's flaw was billed as his strength. Michael Jordan can eat a dick.

The league went through the trouble of setting up two games between Wemby and Scoot last year making it clear this was a two-player draft with an elite PG and elite big both with multiple years of pro experience. The Hornets got the #2 pick and still screwed it up. Insane.

Will Nick Nurse like Reed enough to actually play him? Townie, how much has Reed played with Embiid? Can't be much. I'd like to see them try it as much as Embiid likes to play outside.
They didn’t play together very much, no. I think Nurse should love Reed. He’s super active defensively, efficient offensively, wants to improve. He’s instantly the best backup big if he’s not starting.

Back