• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

@TownieDeac @JuiceCrewAllStar @deaconson @YoungBuck95 @dartsndeacs let's do this thing

I have a friend IRL who might be interested if we need numbers, Ph

I might see if some IRL friends are interested too.
But you all have to be cool. :) We’ll also need to keep the Yahoo chat active.

I may mention this on the CT but I met a dude in Philly at ABS who is a prof at UF but lives like 15 min from me. He studies race and sports with a focus on Black athletes from 1988 to 2008. He’s writing a book on the cultural linkage between sports and hip-hop during that period. We talked about the NBA dress code for about 20 minutes. I already invited him to talk to my sport class and I need him to be my new best friend.

Don’t wanna commit, might not even get league pass this year tbh, fam commitments stacking up. Thanks for the invite.

I understand. I stopped during jaybone’s league after my first kid and my NBA watching dropped significantly. I don’t even think I watched the Lakers-Celtics finals.

I’d be lying if I said the Sixers being a total disaster wasn’t part of my lack of excitement

I may mention this on the CT but I met a dude in Philly at ABS who is a prof at UF but lives like 15 min from me. He studies race and sports with a focus on Black athletes from 1988 to 2008. He’s writing a book on the cultural linkage between sports and hip-hop during that period. We talked about the NBA dress code for about 20 minutes. I already invited him to talk to my sport class and I need him to be my new best friend.
he should be happy to see the early 2000s NBA draft fashion continues with former chicago mayor lori lightfoot

I’d be lying if I said the Sixers being a total disaster wasn’t part of my lack of excitement

The Spurs finals runs pulled me back in. I get it.

I consider joining every year. Every year I realize that I don't watch enough games to get as much enjoyment as I could. Not sure where I'd find the time. For that reason, I'm out.

I consider joining every year. Every year I realize that I don't watch enough games to get as much enjoyment as I could. Not sure where I'd find the time. For that reason, I'm out.

I hear you. I’d like to set up the rules to be inclusive so people who don’t watch every night feel comfortable playing too. One thing I hate about some leagues is if you miss an alert about an injury or whatever, a good FA pick up may be gone before you see it.

It's good to be the King.... This is why Nikola couldn't wait to get home...

Also, he's tall.

It took me a few seconds to realize he's not standing on a chair or table.

Nope. Just seeing who is in. Hope to discuss league settings and such in the next week or two.

I wish I could play. I wanted to. But I think it will be over my head from a time standpoint and I will drag everyone down

I wish I could play. I wanted to. But I think it will be over my head from a time standpoint and I will drag everyone down
I'd like to set up the rules so it's not time intensive. So you don't have to check your phone an hour before games start to make a panic FA pickup because of load management.

My ideal league would limit the number of games each week so it's more about choosing quality than getting quantity, but I don't think Yahoo (or any service) has that feature.

A big problem I have with fantasy basketball is there's not really a bench. I like 10 positions, but there are maybe 2-3 nights a month where more than 10 players are playing at a time. And if the goal is to get as many games as possible, the free agency is basically the bench you use to replace a starter.

I'd like to set up the rules so it's not time intensive. So you don't have to check your phone an hour before games start to make a panic FA pickup because of load management.

My ideal league would limit the number of games each week so it's more about choosing quality than getting quantity, but I don't think Yahoo (or any service) has that feature.

A big problem I have with fantasy basketball is there's not really a bench. I like 10 positions, but there are maybe 2-3 nights a month where more than 10 players are playing at a time. And if the goal is to get as many games as possible, the free agency is basically the bench you use to replace a starter.
I'll play

This would be handy for me since the games don't tip off until like 2am here and I'm up for work at 5, but I'm easy either way

one thing I haven't liked about the fantasy hoops i've played is that there hasn't been a feature to cap number of total games per week

always ends up advantaging the team that has players with more games that week or the team that is most active on waivers

Exactly. When I played rotisserie it capped at 82 games X 10 roster spots = 820 games.

I’d like to see H2H capped at 40-45 games, 3-4 games per player for 12 player teams.

Back