• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

This is the right basketball move but a tough PR sell in the short term. He was at the game in LA last night sitting courtside for the win over the Lakers, and hugging LaMelo and PJ after the game. He is going to play again for someone, and if a new contract comes with a suspension that sits him the rest of this season, it would be by far the longest suspension in NBA history for anything remotely similar to this. Relative to other similar players and especially if compared to the NFL, at some point it is okay to move forward. People are cheering Deshaun Watson and there is no real resolution with him. Tyreke Hill is lauded. Marshawn Lynch is revered. At least Bridges went through the court process.

If there was ever a year to take the PR hit, take it now during the tank year that is already shot anyway. If they could come out of this season with LaMelo still on a rookie deal and team-controlled max contact coming up, Bridges on a massive underpay deal relative to production, and Wemby in the draft, that could be akin to the Spurs' Duncan + Robinson year from a tank and offseason standpoint.

But they need to preserve the tank. Now that guys are starting to get healthy, they are winning games and much closer in others. In reality the NBA is not going to let Wemby to Charlotte happen, especially if they resign Bridges, but a even top-5 pick to pair with the other two could still be franchise-changing. If they win too many meaningless games now they could shoot themselves in the balls. Sit LaMelo back down to let him "recover", trade every vet of value now to make sure it doesn't happen, simultaneously resign Bridges now to implement the rest of the suspension and get over the PR hit, and come out firing next year.
2&2, do you see a possibility that Bridges plays for Hornets this season? I don’t mean whether or not it’s the the best thing to do, but rather do you think it might happen?

The Mavs outscored the Lakers 51-21 in the 3rd. The Mavs scored 43 in the whole 1st half.

Gary Harris, RJ Hampton, protected 2025 1st round pick for Aaron Gordon and Gary Clark. Seems like a good deal for the Nuggets. They don't give up too much for a guy who could be better but if he isn't, he's a decent complementary piece.
I remembered being more "meh" about the Aaron Gordon trade at the time. Glad I thought it was a good deal because it's worked out well.

2020-21 7th year Gordon is Orlando is a pretty good trade value comp for 6th year in Atlanta John Collins. Still not sure of the best fit for him though.

Jokic with another 40 point triple double (41/15/15). If Jokic keeps this up and the Nuggets end up top 3 in the West, he's the 3-time MVP, right?

I'm sorry but if you tea bag a dude who is standing 2 feet outside the restricted area, that should never be called a charge. The refs actually reversed it and got that right.

Damn. This game really lasted over 3 hours.

Last edited:
Gordon has always had pogo sticks for legs

I think Gordon is a very underrated player. And they type of guy you want on a championship team. But I think he needs to be the 3rd or 4th scoring option like he is in Denver. Or be in some sort of system like GS where the ball is always moving and he can just cut all night long for easy layups

That’s the thing. Long term he should be. It should be Jokic, Murray, then MPJ soon enough. Plus they have KCP and Brown as reliable scorers in that other starting spot. I think Hyland could develop into a Clarkson type 6th man soon enough. And Braun is going to be good too. I think they’re finally healthy and deep enough to advance in the playoffs where it’s hard to be overly reliant on a true C.

2&2, do you see a possibility that Bridges plays for Hornets this season? I don’t mean whether or not it’s the the best thing to do, but rather do you think it might happen?
I don't think it would be any meaningful games. I think there is a scenario where they sign him to a new deal, the NBA and Hornets suspend him for say 70 games with a "time served" component, and then the Hornets put him out there for the final 12 games of the meaningless tank season to get the bad publicity and boos out of the way when nobody is paying attention in an empty arena. Then they go into next season fresh with nobody caring from a PR standpoint.

If they sign and trade him before the deadline, I think he would suit up right away wherever else he goes.

Luka just intentionally missed a FT down 2 with 4.2 sec and got his own rebound and hit a shot to send it to OT. The Mavs were down 9 with 33.9 sec left.

Luka has 53/18/10 on 20-30 fg. Amazing. This is his third 50+ game. 53 ties Dirk in 2004 for the most points scored by a Mavs player.

Mavs won in OT. Luka had 60/21/10. Second 60 point triple double after Harden. Only 60/20 triple double in NBA history.

Last edited:
Luka is unreal. Mavs do not deserve him

60-21-10

He also did that while only hitting 2 threes and with only 3 TOs and shooting 68% for the game

Luka just intentionally missed a FT down 2 with 4.2 sec and got his own rebound and hit a shot to send it to OT. The Mavs were down 9 with 33.9 sec left.

Luka has 53/18/10 on 20-30 fg. Amazing. This is his third 50+ game. 53 ties Dirk in 2004 for the most points scored by a Mavs player.

Mavs won in OT. Luka had 60/21/10. Second 60 point triple double after Harden. Only 60/20 triple double in NBA history.
The shot he hit to send it into OT was him falling down too. It was just an out of this world performance all night

They were smart enough to trade up for him. They deserve him. Just like they deserved Dirk. They need to get him another star though. Four players played 40+ min tonight.

60 points on 21-31 fg, 2-6 3pt, 16-22 ft. Crazy.

I feel real dumb for being a Luka doubter going into this season

Imagine drafting Luka and deciding to flip him for Trae Young. Oof.

Kids’ Christmas present was NYE tickets for Grizzlies v Pelicans. Anyone had any success trying to get autographs pre/post game? Tips?

The Russell Wilson trade/contract, the Deshaun Watson trade/contract, the Kyler Murray contract, and the Gobert trade/contract are all among the worst in sports history and all happened within a few months of each other.

Back