• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 NBA Offseason - Aces win WNBA Finals; Preseason; NBA Fantasy League last call

Embiid/Harris/Reed is a nice 3 man post rotation. Put a quality vet (Montrezl I guess) and a young big in there and the Sixers are fine.

Not surprisingly, Brandon Miller stunk it up again last night, going a whopping 4-18 from the field, and 0-7 from 3. Being the stat buff I am, I went back to look at his shooting since the infamous "lock him up" game in which he scored 41 against a shitty Gamecocks team, which appears to be the primary reason he was drafted.

This sorry sonofabitch has played 13 organized games since then: 9 college and 4 NBA SL. The college games included the SEC tournament and the NCAA tournament. Arguably, that should be the toughest 13 game stretch of his basketball life to date, and the closest comparison the NBA available.

Even ignoring the fact that the SEC turned out to be complete ass, this poor bastard shot a combined 61 - 184 (33.15%) from the field over that span. What is even fucking worse, is that he has shot only 25 - 98 (25.5%) from 3 in those games. What is even more fucking worse, is that that in just his 9 final college games alone, he still only shot 18 - 72 (25%) from 3, with the shorter 3pt line!

We were duped! This motherfucker was billed as an ELIte shooter, and he can't shoot shit! What a horrific pick with Scoot sitting right there. This pick may be worse than MKG. At least MKG's flaw was known. Miller's flaw was billed as his strength. Michael Jordan can eat a dick.
How are his measurables? Intangibles? definitely has that je ne sais... something or other !

The league went through the trouble of setting up two games between Wemby and Scoot last year making it clear this was a two-player draft with an elite PG and elite big both with multiple years of pro experience. The Hornets got the #2 pick and still screwed it up. Insane.
I would have picked Henderson. But its not like there weren't draft analysts saying that Miller was as good or better than Henderson. '

But ultimately, the Hornets are going to Hornet.

Not surprisingly, Brandon Miller stunk it up again last night, going a whopping 4-18 from the field, and 0-7 from 3. Being the stat buff I am, I went back to look at his shooting since the infamous "lock him up" game in which he scored 41 against a shitty Gamecocks team, which appears to be the primary reason he was drafted.

This sorry sonofabitch has played 13 organized games since then: 9 college and 4 NBA SL. The college games included the SEC tournament and the NCAA tournament. Arguably, that should be the toughest 13 game stretch of his basketball life to date, and the closest comparison the NBA available.

Even ignoring the fact that the SEC turned out to be complete ass, this poor bastard shot a combined 61 - 184 (33.15%) from the field over that span. What is even fucking worse, is that he has shot only 25 - 98 (25.5%) from 3 in those games. What is even more fucking worse, is that that in just his 9 final college games alone, he still only shot 18 - 72 (25%) from 3, with the shorter 3pt line!

We were duped! This motherfucker was billed as an ELIte shooter, and he can't shoot shit! What a horrific pick with Scoot sitting right there. This pick may be worse than MKG. At least MKG's flaw was known. Miller's flaw was billed as his strength. Michael Jordan can eat a dick.
2&2 posts on this thread are gonna be fun for the next few years.

<3

The Spurs are sitting Wemby for the rest of summer league. Makes sense.

Yeah, disappointed that the Hornets ended up taking Miller. Scoot was the correct answer and the should have traded down if they were not going to take him at #2.

I tried to put on a brave face with Miller, but idk.

Once Charlotte missed out on #1 it didn’t matter who they picked. It’s just a sad sack franchise. At least Jordan should (hopefully) no longer be involved in running it. Does he ever get taken to task for being such a shit owner?

Once Charlotte missed out on #1 it didn’t matter who they picked. It’s just a sad sack franchise. At least Jordan should (hopefully) no longer be involved in running it. Does he ever get taken to task for being such a shit owner?
yes - everyone always talks about how he sucks as an owner

i think his falling out with barkley was due to barkley criticizing his ownership

I was talking to the girl that handles my Hornets season tix and she said they could tell the season ticket purchases fell off once they picked Miller over Scoot.

Scoot is going to be a star and the face of the Blazers franchise and Miller is going to be Harrison Barnes.

i’m not pro miller or anything. but victory laps based on summer league is hilarious. scoot didn’t even finish the 1 game he's played so far. not just this board, BS podcast this week was 45 minutes of his saying i told you so on scoot. summer league!

I was talking to the girl that handles my Hornets season tix and she said they could tell the season ticket purchases fell off once they picked Miller over Scoot.

Scoot is going to be a star and the face of the Blazers franchise and Miller is going to be Harrison Barnes.
Harrison Barnes is a great comp tbh

FYC - what is Miller showing you that he can do at an NBA level? What kind of player is he gonna be?

i didn’t know a lot about him coming in, but whatever eval there was coming in after watching him play a full college season shouldn’t change based on a few pick up games where 75% of players on the court are never going to be in the league. that’s dumb as hell.

and there are a bunch of dudes that lit it up in summer league, especially guards, that sucked ass in the NBA. josh selby was summer league MVP! and there are dudes that were terrible in summer league that won rookie of the year (trae young)

and i especially love this retconning like miller wasn’t a legitimate option at 2 and the hornets were out of left field. lots of scouts had him ahead of scoot

Sure. And the scouts were wrong too.

i’m not pro miller or anything. but victory laps based on summer league is hilarious. scoot didn’t even finish the 1 game he's played so far. not just this board, BS podcast this week was 45 minutes of his saying i told you so on scoot. summer league!
nope, not me!

i'm basing it on 15 minutes of the NCAAT (real minutes, not game minutes)

right. because summer league has proved them wrong!
No. They were wrong because a player who comps as the next Derrick Rose or Ja is a better pick than the next Harrison Barnes or high end Rudy Gay. Even the scouts who liked Miller had him as a shooting big.

You can't sit here and say people who didn't like Miller before SL are basing their takes on his SL performance.

Back