• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point in time the P5 has nine undefeated teams and nine one loss teams. How those teams will be ranked should prove interesting.

The Tennessee/Alabama game was outstanding. I tuned in at the opening kickoff and never changed the channel. Too many outstanding offensive plays to leave.

I expect UNC and Illinois to make the Top 25. in both polls. Each face one ranked team the balance of the season. Neither has beaten a ranked team.

UNC's schedule is super soft. They should finish at least 3-2. They're off next week so they should be stay in the 20s. Then they have Pitt and UVA, so they'll probably be in teens by our game on Nov 12. They really screwed up losing to ND. They'd be where Cuse is.

State, UNC, and Cuse should be ranked when we play them. I don't see voters dropping State out of the rankings. I also don't see them losing to VT after their bye week. Cuse should beat ND and stay ranked if they lose to Pitt or FSU.

I'd be very surprised if State stays in with Leary done, gotta evaluate them now accordingly.

But 25 teams do have to be ranked, maybe they'll hang on for lack of better immediate options

If you think they'll drop all the way out, who do you think will replace them? JMU is out. UNC is in. That's pretty simple.

Here are the Others Receiving Votes in the AP Poll:

UNC - W
Baylor - bye coming off two losses
BYU - L
Coastal - L
ND - L
UF - L
Tulane - W at USF
Purdue - W vs. Neb
FSU - L
SC - Bye coming off W vs. UK
Wash St - L
Minnesota - L
LSU - W
MD - W

I don't see Tulane or Purdue making up enough ground to pass State. I think they drop to the low 20s, but they'll beat VT after their bye week.

I'd put at least Tulane, Purdue, Maryland and LSU ahead of them personally, but we'll see what the voters come up with

Biff’s Top 15

1. Georgia
2. tOSU
3. Tennessee
4. Michigan
5. Alabama
6. Clemson
7. Ole Miss
8. TCU
9. UCLA
10. OSU
11. Southern California
12. Oregon
13. Penn State
14. Wake Forest
15. Utah

Last edited:
On the road against a top five team. They’ve had a good run up to that point.

Revising slightly. Moving down Utah. Forgot they had two losses.

I guess you’ve exposed the AP voters agenda as well. I just don’t think Wake will move up much this week and they’ve only got one win that anybody can put any stock in.

I’ve got Wake at 14.

Where do you have them @wufu bufu ? 11 ?

I guess you’ve exposed the AP voters agenda as well. I just don’t think Wake will move up much this week and they’ve only got one win that anybody can put any stock in.

I’ve got Wake at 14.

Where do you have them @wufu bufu ? 11 ?
I think your rankings are mostly fine. Only changes I would make are dropping USC out of the top 15 and switching Michigan and Tenn and Bama and Clemson.

Ohio State being in the top 4 right now is so ridiculous. They only have one win over a opponent with an above a .500 record and that would be Toledo. There are so many more deserving teams.

Back