• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I didn't grow up in enough of a redneck environment, but does anybody else find it odd that he was racing a girl? Seems like racing is a dude's thing, Danica Patrick aside.
There are quite a few females in the lower ranks of Motorsports, and several of them may end up being quite successful at the top levels. I have no idea about the street racing scene.

Sorry, felony charge dropped and has to go to anger management class and pick up trash for 40 hours. Then the misdemeanor will be dropped.

I didn't even remember that one.

It adds a new wrinkle to NIL that boosters are going to pay a guy to pay his court fees so his felony charges can get dropped.

ATHENS, Ga. -- Despite having two players arrested in the past two weeks for street-racing offenses, including Jalen Carter's booking Wednesday in connection with a Jan. 15 crash that killed a Georgia football player and a recruiting staff member, coach Kirby Smart insists his program does not have a culture problem.
Smart, in his first interview since offensive lineman Devin Willock and recruiting analyst Chandler LeCroy were killed, said he and his staff have worked hard to educate their players about the dangers of speeding and racing.
Smart said he was unaware that Carter had been cited in September for driving 89 mph in a 45 mph zone. The Athens-Clarke County Police officer pleaded with Carter to slow down -- and to tell his teammates to do the same.

"Y'all need to slow down, dude," the officer said, continuing, "Your break is you're not going to jail. Because that would make all kinds of news, right?"
Nothing to see here per Kirby.

But think of how fast these UGA players could street race if they were in EVs!

Drf5S8PWkAYzNu5

Alabama has become a basketball school and Saban can't stand it.

Saban is getting a lot of flack for hanging Oats out to dry, but I think he did the right thing. He hasn't kicked the kid off the team, just suspended him. Yes it's easy for Saban to suspend a kid in the off season, but the kids should know that too. Would he have done the same thing if he was playing in the SEC championship or National title game? Who knows. That's a hypothetical that isn't relevant. The reality is he has the luxury of demanding whatever he deems fit. Alabama football as a program is a dictatorship, and by all apparent accounts this kid made some poor decisions and broke the law.

Saban is getting a lot of flack for hanging Oats out to dry, but I think he did the right thing. He hasn't kicked the kid off the team, just suspended him. Yes it's easy for Saban to suspend a kid in the off season, but the kids should know that too. Would he have done the same thing if he was playing in the SEC championship or National title game? Who knows. That's a hypothetical that isn't relevant. The reality is he has the luxury of demanding whatever he deems fit. Alabama football as a program is a dictatorship, and by all apparent accounts this kid made some poor decisions and broke the law.

College basketball also plays 30+ games. Oats could have suspended miller for a game or two and people wouldn't have gotten so pissed off.

Three changes aimed at shortening Division I and II college football games and reducing the number of plays per contest next season were approved by the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel, a source involved in the rule-change process confirmed to The Athletic on Friday. The changes are as follows:

• Running the clock after first downs (like the NFL), except for the last two minutes of each half.
  • Banning the use of consecutive timeouts by a team.
  • Carrying over a foul to the second or fourth quarter rather than playing an untimed down.

I don't like the running clock from a long-time fan perspective. I do think it's good for Wake's offense to run clock and run tempo as necessary.

Back