• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022 College Football Thread: Georgia is Back to Back Champions !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree that the jury is still out on Fields.

He played a very good game against Miami, but they still lost. Not his fault, of course. He's also played some terrible games this year.

At this point, he still strikes me as more of a game manager who can do some special things running the football. Part of that is the Bears lack of talent and part of it is the coaches keeping the training wheels on.

I've been a fan of Fields and I think he can be a very good NFL QB... But I haven't seen enough from him yet to have any real confidence that he'll be there anytime soon.
i think fields' career to date tacks pretty closely to josh allen

i don't think he'll ever be an mvp candidate, but never thought josh allen would either

Man, these Tennessee fans on Twitter are SALLLLLLLL-TEE about the CFP rankings. Their main complaint is that TCU wasn't good enough to be ranked ahead of 1-loss Alabama last week, but are now good enough to be ranked ahead of 1-loss Tennessee after struggling a little bit against Texas Tech.

i realize there is a multibillion dollar media industry that needs something to constantly wring hands about but USC-UCLA will be settled when they play each other

i realize there is a multibillion dollar media industry that needs something to constantly wring hands about but USC-UCLA will be settled when they play each other

The whole purpose of the CFP is the hand-wringing. They could easily set up a four-team playoff with a set of criteria. But instead they do weeks of top 25 rankings.

The FUCKING Rose Bowl is currently the biggest obstacle to CFP expansion.

Nothing beats that sunset during the 3rd quarter. Nothing.

The Elephant in the room that the media aren't speaking about is the media. Specifically, the issue of what ESPN wants in payment for the remaining years of its deal to televise the current CFP. One request supposedly was exclusive negotiating for all the games in an expanded playoff. Fox (and the B1G) were not happy about that. The Rose Bowl may be a proxy for Fox in this.

Right now when they are not a CFP venue, Rose Bowl still usually has at least one top 10 team. If the playoffs go to 12, the best a non-playoff Rose Bowl could do would be teams in the teens. My guess is the Rose Bowl wants a game with at least one top 5 team most, if not every year.

Rose Bowl and Rose Parade get a lot of non-football viewers. Rose Bowl Committee wants it to stay that way. Lots of favorable publicity for Pasadena.

Nobody gives a fuck about Pasadena and the Rose Bowl is only relevant unless it has been part of the BCS or CFP. The Rose Bowl also wants to protect its January 1 festivities with the incredibly stupid anachronistic Rose Parade that no one but blue hairs watches.

Last edited:
the problem with the Rose Bowl highjacking New Year's is that now their games feature shitty matchups because of the CFP, so they're making us watch their schlock vs a playoff on NY as there should be.

Yes, but the Rose Bowl is the.... "Granddaddy of Them All".... So, they have that going for them, which is nice:

maxresdefault.jpg

how does the rose bowl have any leverage?

there cannot be a lack of other locations that want in on the CFP and who cares if a playoff game is called the rose bowl or not??

Back