• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference semifinals; Lakers hire JJ Redick?

Suns, without Beal, who is good for at least 19-21 per game, win a road game at Golden State. His replacement Grayson Allen is still a clown and is awful.

Nurkic (14/14/1 block; 1-2 for 3; 3-3 FT's) had no trouble neutralizing Looney, who is a rebounding FORCE.

If Durant is in rhythm, the game is a blowout.

CP3 started out 0-6 and finished 4-15 from the field in a home loss to start the season. He said it was weird to be so wide open, and yet he bricked those looks.

Kuminga looked good at times, which was a plus, will be interesting to see what he does once Draymond returns.

I have to admit I'm pretty fired up for the Hornets' home opener. I'm sure my dreams for the season will be crushed within the first 10 minutes when we can't hit a shot and Gordo gets injured and lost for the year, but it is nice to have hope for at least a fleeting amount of time.

Hornets are probably the worst team in the league
They did just give all us season ticket holders a free League Pass subscription again this year. Which is more than a subtle hint that they know they suck.

If everyone is relatively healthy and out of jail then it is a borderline playoff roster, as shown in 21-22. But last year was a disaster in every respect in terms of player availability. We'll see what happens this season.

2&2 posts are so funny, it’s always like “if Jim stays out of jail, and if George doesn’t fry his fourth ACL, and if Stan lives up to his potential in that trade we lost, and if George 2 (the white one) doesn’t take a single three because hopefully our coach won’t be a COWARD and insist that his players shoot from outside 6 feet, and if Bart in the G league keeps playing like he did for the San Diego Fruit Bats last season, I think we probably win the East”

Hornets are probably the worst team in the league
The Wizards beg to differ. So typical for the Wizards to tank in a year with no franchise-changing player in the 2024 NBA draft.

actually yeah the wizards are probably worse

there is someone named bilal coulibaly starting at SF for them lol

i dare you guys to name 2 players on the wizards outside of poole, kuzma, and our guy bilal

actually yeah the wizards are probably worse

there is someone named bilal coulibaly starting at SF for them lol
Wemby's teammate in France and the 7th overall pick in this year's draft.

He's probably the only interesting thing about the Wiz.

2&2 posts are so funny, it’s always like “if Jim stays out of jail, and if George doesn’t fry his fourth ACL, and if Stan lives up to his potential in that trade we lost, and if George 2 (the white one) doesn’t take a single three because hopefully our coach won’t be a COWARD and insist that his players shoot from outside 6 feet, and if Bart in the G league keeps playing like he did for the San Diego Fruit Bats last season, I think we probably win the East”

It’s cute to see a Sixers fan make fun of a Hornets fan as if they’re not both in different forms of NBA purgatory.

Wemby's teammate in France and the 7th overall pick in this year's draft.

He's probably the only interesting thing about the Wiz.

I’m interested in Poole and Kuzma taking a ton of shots.

embiid is trying to get to the knicks per inside sauces

It’s cute to see a Sixers fan make fun of a Hornets fan as if they’re not both in different forms of NBA purgatory.
A couple preseason games behind them and the Spurs donks are acting like Wemby’s twig legs aren’t just gonna snap by the All Star break smh

I am confident that if all those things did come together, the Hornets would still suck (or Adam Silver would shut down the NBA)

A couple preseason games behind them and the Spurs donks are acting like Wemby’s twig legs aren’t just gonna snap by the All Star break smh
A Sixers fan talking shit about a fragile big man. Total lack of self-awareness. I remember when collecting fragile bigs was their whole draft strategy.

Back