• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference semifinals; Lakers hire JJ Redick?

Silver gifted Pop Wemby despite the odds not being in their favor. If they were in the general realm of getting him, they were going to get him.
Get a grip, man. Go take a walk. Clear your head. Take some deep breaths of fresh air. Do some misogyny. Just get right.

To my point about the Spurs horrible 3rd quarter. The Spurs 3rd quarter has the worst net rating of any quarter by any team.

Pop's not going anywhere until he chooses to leave. And he'll probably choose the replacement.

I think there's a massive disconnect between a soon-to-be 75-year-old coach with 5 rings and the most wins of any coach and a young core who has never been to the playoffs. I think they need a coach who matches their hunger. Pop has nothing to prove. He's tinkering. He's having fun coaching the next big phenom and a young roster. This roster needs a coach who is desperate to win. A coach who wants to prove themself. A coach who would lose their shit after 100+ games of a team that can't keep a halftime lead past the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Give me Becky Hammon as the first woman NBA head coach and she'll go all the way in with this roster.
don't you dare steal becky from my Aces man

It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Maxey wins most improved player, SGA MVP, and Isaiah Joe 6th man of the year. All players Doc benched or cut while he coached.
SGA's rookie year was like the only time Doc actually played a rookie. It was also the last time he actually tried as a coach, I think?

Dante Exum has 23, 16, and 28 points in his last three games. For the Mavericks. I didn't even realize he was back in the league.

Dante Exum has 23, 16, and 28 points in his last three games. For the Mavericks. I didn't even realize he was back in the league.

Is it real? Luka has been putting up freakish numbers, too.

I was always a big fan of Exum, but he kept getting hurt. Perfect player for today’s NBA. (That Dyson Daniels kid is Exum-like)

It’s real. Mt. Olive picked him up before tip in the fantasy league.

I see Draymond was up to his bullshit again last night.

Wemby is shooting 25% from 3, yet has attempted more 3s (both total and per game) than Brandon Miller, who is shooting over 40% from 3. I get maybe Pop thinks that this season is just a playground year for Wemby. But if he is actually trying to win games and not just stat races, wouldn't a coach say hey man, howabout you stop shooting 3s, there is a reason you are open for so many.

And at this point Silver has to be paying Draymond under the table to be the league villain. This is not all natural behavior.

If you’re the league, what suspension are you handing down for Draymond? Keep in mind he’s coming off a 5-game suspension for choking Rudy Goebert, and the length of that suspension was based on his history of repeat offenses.

I’m guessing 25 games, but won’t be surprised if they go even higher.

Meanwhile, Jokic got booted for this on Serbian Heritage Night in Chicago.

League Pass is 50% off rn for the holidays, just copped the whole league version for $80. Single team is usually $89, so it feels like a steal.

The sale is for $49.99. Premium with no ads is $74.99.

Premium is sweet because you can share with a friend, so if you split it with a buddy like I did, it’s $40 a person.

I always assumed Draymond was the son of Rick Mahorn or maybe Mark Aquirre, one of the Bad Boy Pistons. I didn’t know he grew up around the Pistons organization.

The Inside the NBA C team seemed almost scared reporting it. Draymond is their teammate too.

Back