• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference semifinals; Lakers hire JJ Redick?

He gets good stats on a bad team but I wouldn’t call him that at all.

How much have you seen him play? He’d be much more efficient on a better team. He’d take fewer bad shots, get set up for better shots, and get more garbage points.

I’ll have to look to confirm but I think he’s put up better stats in their better games (yes, that’s relative in a record losing streak).

If he was the starting C for let’s say the Warriors (team that should be better who doesn’t have a star C), he’d play with guys who can easily get their own shots or decide to set him up. Right now, he’s not playing with efficient scorers or playmakers and certainly not guys who can do both well.

Pacers tried to take game ball after game so Giannis couldn’t have it and Giannis chased them into locker room …. Oh man. That was some petty shit by the pacers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game was pretty chippy. Nesmith wrestled Giannis down and got a flagrant, Bobby went Bobby and crazy eyed himself into a tech, and then was ejected after more jawing. 8 or 9 techs in the game. Pacers trying to create a rivalry and I appreciate it, but you can't do that to Giannis.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...okounmpo-torches-pacers-career-best-64-points

"Head coach Rick Carlisle said the team wanted to commemorate Oscar Tshiebwe's first career point in the NBA, not realizing the Bucks wanted the ball to mark Antetokounmpo's record night."

Lol, sure, Rick.

He gets good stats on a bad team but I wouldn’t call him that at all.

How much have you seen him play? He’d be much more efficient on a better team. He’d take fewer bad shots, get set up for better shots, and get more garbage points.

I’ll have to look to confirm but I think he’s put up better stats in their better games (yes, that’s relative in a record losing streak).

If he was the starting C for let’s say the Warriors (team that should be better who doesn’t have a star C), he’d play with guys who can easily get their own shots or decide to set him up. Right now, he’s not playing with efficient scorers or playmakers and certainly not guys who can do both well.
I was being a bit facetious but I just can't figure out the Spurs. Unfortunately, I have watched them, and I don't really get what Pop is hoping to achieve by playing everybody out of position. I think you're right that Tre Jones should be PG and if they're gonna suck, then they should suck while putting everybody in the best position to succeed.

I was being a bit facetious but I just can't figure out the Spurs. Unfortunately, I have watched them, and I don't really get what Pop is hoping to achieve by playing everybody out of position. I think you're right that Tre Jones should be PG and if they're gonna suck, then they should suck while putting everybody in the best position to succeed.

Which is why I think this is a tank or Pop is just playing around with nothing to lose.

It’s quite possible that none of Jones, Vassell, Keldon, or Sochan are top 3 options on a playoff team. They may just be good rotation players for a good team. But I don’t think we know unless they play their position on a team of guys playing their position.

Last edited:
This was a good explanation for why the Spurs are struggling.

Last edited:
Clippers win their 6th in a row

Kawhi and Harden are on one right now

PG is injured

The reigning MVP isn't underrated. I agree that he's going under the radar because for the first time in awhile the Sixers aren't a main source of drama in the league. There's just not as much attention on the Sixers as usual. Embiid is on my fantasy team and I didn't realize he had 50 last week.
So jj had a good point.

well beyond getting any benefit of the doubt

i actually kinda believe draymond that the contact on nurk was incidental in his over-the-top flopping trying to get a foul

still dangerous and foul-worthy, but not as malicious as some of his other stuff

Back