• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could be a bad portent for Wake and Reid's requst. If Chapel Hill to Charlotte was not close enough for the "close to I'll relative" waiver request reason, that wouldn't look good for Richmond to Winston-Salem.
Accept that anything other than a first degree relative is pretty weak. We've all had a grandparent get old and ill. How many of us moved to be close to them? That's not something that is expected in the real world (unless that extended degree family member served as the primary parent/guardian). People definitely change their circumstance and living arrangement to care for a first degree relative.

How often is Tex traveling to Charlotte to see her since moving to Chapel Hill?

Accept that anything other than a first degree relative is pretty weak. We've all had a grandparent get old and ill. How many of us moved to be close to them? That's not something that is expected in the real world (unless that extended degree family member served as the primary parent/guardian). People definitely change their circumstance and living arrangement to care for a first degree relative.

How often is Tex traveling to Charlotte to see her since moving to Chapel Hill?
a Tier 1 relative?

ND at NC State will be interesting. Hartman had uneven production against the Pack in 3 games: 6 TDs and 6 picks. The public is loving ND right now, but that's largely a function of playing two over-matched opponents. NC State on a 3-0 run as a dog.

We damn near beat Tennessee in Knoxville in 85 they were top 5

They weren’t ranked that high when we played them. They were #16. They finished #4 after ending the season on a 6 game winning streak including a dominating win over #2 Miami in the Sugar Bowl

I was at the UT game. Rocky Top was rocking. Tony Robinson was on the cover of SI that week since they had just beaten #1 Auburn.

4WX3XTNOIRN77DXVXTK2BKZJUY.jpg

I'd be curious if we've beaten any teams in the same season that they finished in the top 10, even if they weren't top 10 when we beat them.

I'd be curious if we've beaten any teams in the same season that they finished in the top 10, even if they weren't top 10 when we beat them.

I don't think so. 1996 Northwestern was #13 when we beat them and #11 going into their bowl game, but they lost.

Recent big OOC wins - Stanford, Ole Miss - did not get into the Top 10 those years.

ATHENS, Ga., Sept. 15 (AP) — Jay Venuto threw three touchdown passes and James McDougald ran for 189 yards as Wake Forest upset Georgia, 22‐21. today.

Venuto connected with McDougald on a 9‐yard pass for the game‐winning touchdown 31 seconds into the final quarter of a game that had seven turnovers by each team.

Venuto, who completed 20 of 34 passes for 273 yards, hit on four of five passes for 65 yards in an 89‐yard drive that erased Georgia's 21‐16 lead after three quarters. His other touchdown passes came in the first quarter and covered 16 and 10 yards; both went to Wayne Baumgardner.

Wake Forest got a 34‐yard field goal from Frank Harnisch in the third quarter after Georgia had taken a 21‐13 halftime lead with two touchdowns in the final 90 seconds of the second quarter following fumble recoveries.

1979 between The Hedges. Wake is 2 and 0 against Georgia all time. This was our second greatest victory after Auburn at Wake.

Kansas off to a hot start over Illinois in the only FBS matchup tonight. Daniels back after missing the first game and so far hasn't missed a beat from last season.

Same as Christian Beal-Smith, I thought we didn't have an open scholarship for Turner this season and that's why he left.

Same as Christian Beal-Smith, I thought we didn't have an open scholarship for Turner this season and that's why he left.
I don't know what the situation was with his scholly before he announced his departure. He should have had one, particularly since Cooley left.

ATHENS, Ga., Sept. 15 (AP) — Jay Venuto threw three touchdown passes and James McDougald ran for 189 yards as Wake Forest upset Georgia, 22‐21. today.

Venuto connected with McDougald on a 9‐yard pass for the game‐winning touchdown 31 seconds into the final quarter of a game that had seven turnovers by each team.

Venuto, who completed 20 of 34 passes for 273 yards, hit on four of five passes for 65 yards in an 89‐yard drive that erased Georgia's 21‐16 lead after three quarters. His other touchdown passes came in the first quarter and covered 16 and 10 yards; both went to Wayne Baumgardner.

Wake Forest got a 34‐yard field goal from Frank Harnisch in the third quarter after Georgia had taken a 21‐13 halftime lead with two touchdowns in the final 90 seconds of the second quarter following fumble recoveries.

1979 between The Hedges. Wake is 2 and 0 against Georgia all time. This was our second greatest victory after Auburn at Wake.

That Georgia team finished at 6-5 and lost to 2 other ACC teams (Clemson and UVa).

Of course the next year they added Herschel Walker and went 12-0 and won the national championship.

Back