• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since our Deacs are no longer playing football this year, I’m adopting the New Mexico State Aggies tonight as they play for the C-USA title against Liberty. After experiencing a 56 year bowl drought from 1961 to 2016, they are headed for back to back bowls for the first time ever. They opened the season with a bad loss to UMass and another bad loss to Hawaii a few weeks later, they won their last 8 games and with a win tonight and in their bowl game could have a 12 win season. Coached by former Minnesota coach Jerry Kill who had to leave Minnesota because of health issues and uncertainty of whether he’d be able to ever coach again. Cool story, Go Aggies!!!

Last edited:
NM State @ Liberty is the rare game where it is a rematch of a game played earlier this year as NM State played at Liberty in September and lost 33-17. NM State had a ton of TOs, and when teams play a football rematch, the team that lost usually does better the 2nd time around.

NM State @ Liberty is the rare game where it is a rematch of a game played earlier this year as NM State played at Liberty in September and lost 33-17. NM State had a ton of TOs, and when teams play a football rematch, the team that lost usually does better the 2nd time around.

Oregon-Washington and Miami (OH)-Toledo are also rare rematches as well.

i guess it's all tv driven, but weird to have the one friday night game among the big games this weekend be the west coast game that has to start at 5pm locally on a work day

To incentivize teams to fly 3000+ miles (at a minimum) for a game? Seems super reasonable to me
Not in every case, SFO or LAX are 2500 miles. Not really any different than Wake or Duke going to Stanford or Cal in the expanded ACC.

But I get the sentiment.

JT Daniels retires from football due to accumulation of concussions.

Back