• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah fuck that just for the simple idea of having a different team in the playoff.

Who would be playing in this game if OSU had lost last week? And would that team have fared any better against Texas?

Let FSU lose. The issue isn't the ACC for them - it's playing SEC and and scheduling like an SEC team.
Unfortunately, FSU winning is indirectly beneficial to Wake. The ACC would get a payout for having a CFP participant (can’t remember the exact amount but it’s a few million dollars I believe) and some of that money gets distributed to all members schools in the conference. So I’m holding my nose and rooting for FSU today.

Andre Ware, doing the MAC game, said that if Texas goes on to win and Bama beats Ga amd FSU wins tonight, the SEC should be left out of the playoff. Whoever the sideline guy is about had a cow. I‘d love to hear the whining and crying for the next month of the SEC doesn’t get into the playoff! :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately, FSU winning is indirectly beneficial to Wake. The ACC would get a payout for having a CFP participant (can’t remember the exact amount but it’s a few million dollars I believe) and some of that money gets distributed to all members schools in the conference. So I’m holding my nose and rooting for FSU today.
I’ve heard this shit for years, if the ACC wins the natty in football or basketball it helps Wake, anybody ever seen any real evidence of that? I’m holding my nose and pulling for FSU too, but only because them winning creates the most stress for the committee.

Alabama, Michigan, and FSU winning creates the most problems for the SEC and Big 10's interests. The ranking in that scenario should be: (1) Michigan, (2) Washington, (3) FSU, (4) Texas, (5) Alabama, (6) Georgia. Putting an SEC team in the playoff or creating a Michigan-Washington Rose Bowl would require the committee to screw around with the rankings in order to generate the preferred outcome in a way that would be obvious and tough to defend.

Toledo down 9 with under a minute left attempted a FG, it got blocked, recovered and advanced it for a 1st down. Still driving.

I’ve heard this shit for years, if the ACC wins the natty in football or basketball it helps Wake, anybody ever seen any real evidence of that? I’m holding my nose and pulling for FSU too, but only because them winning creates the most stress for the committee.

Have you missed years of conference realignment talk? Do you think Wake would be in as good shape if FSU and Clemson didn’t win championships?

Back