• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of years ago, there was talk of McCall leaving Coastal early for the NFL, now he's headed back for year 5 of CFB. Another QB that will make more money playing college football than as a late round pick or a UFA.

Yeah. He's close to unhinged. Someone should explain to him that he's entitled to his opinion, but opinions in a hotel conference room shouldn't decide championships. The Bowl Coalition, Bowl Alliance, BCS, and CFP were supposed to allow players to settle it on the field. But the CFP backslid and didn't allow FSU the chance to win a championship.

Yeah. He's close to unhinged. Someone should explain to him that he's entitled to his opinion, but opinions in a hotel conference room shouldn't decide championships. The Bowl Coalition, Bowl Alliance, BCS, and CFP were supposed to allow players to settle it on the field. But the CFP backslid and didn't allow FSU the chance to win a championship.
I'm sure he would've been fine with it if one the Ohio State teams he played on went undefeated, but the experts at the time had the opinion another team with a loss was better and they didn't get to go to the Rose Bowl. To me the difference here is we're not talking about a one loss P5 conference champ getting left out vs. another P5 team with one loss from another conference. We're talking about an undefeated P5 conference champ getting left out for a team with a loss.

Junior college national championship matchup between the Reivers and Lions kicks off on ESPNU at 8p tonight; DIII Friday 7P and DII Saturday noon.
I'll watch pretty much any football championship if the game is competitive including high school; often more entertaining and more compelling backstories than the majority of the bowl games.

Last edited:
FSU getting to turdstreit…

How does he know that Bama, or Texas, or Michigan, or Washington, or Oregon, or Georgia are better? He may watched 10-15 live games a week but in none of them did FSU play against any of those teams.
Someone should remind him that opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one. Herbie just happens to be ESPN's.

I never stated committee got it wrong or FSU is top 4 with or without Travis. The inconsistencies and lack of transparency bothered me and although I think a congressional hearing is overload; The reaction of Herbstreit, Finebaum and all of espn makes me think maybe there was collusion.

It’s also quite entertaining listening to finebaum audience who “probably” supported other conspiracy theories the past 7 years say this is much about nothing and just conspiracymongers.

I never stated committee got it wrong or FSU is top 4 with or without Travis. The inconsistencies and lack of transparency bothered me and although I think a congressional hearing is overload; The reaction of Herbstreit, Finebaum and all of espn makes me think maybe there was collusion.

It’s also quite entertaining listening to finebaum audience who “probably” supported other conspiracy theories the past 7 years say this is much about nothing and just conspiracymongers.

The flaw here in all this is the four best teams argument is bullshit, because Georgia would be favored against all four including Alabama.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finebaum is an SEC jock sniffing weasel.

I don't get this. The system was set up so that opinions in a hotel room decide championships. That's the system. Hate the system, not the people following the rules of the system to decide the 4 best teams (not most deserving) in a hotel conference room. They did their jobs. And I don't get the "well, how do they know Bama is better than FSU" argument. They don't know, but they have to make a decision and are empowered to do so. They also don't know that FSU is better than Bama, and if you argue that FSU should have gotten the nod because they're undefeated, then that's a most deserving argument and that's not what the system calls for.

I don't get this. The system was set up so that opinions in a hotel room decide championships. That's the system. Hate the system, not the people following the rules of the system to decide the 4 best teams (not most deserving) in a hotel conference room. They did their jobs. And I don't get the "well, how do they know Bama is better than FSU" argument. They don't know, but they have to make a decision and are empowered to do so. They also don't know that FSU is better than Bama, and if you argue that FSU should have gotten the nod because they're undefeated, then that's a most deserving argument and that's not what the system calls for.
They didn’t pick the four best teams

If only Vegas was empowered with the decision.
No, but Vegas relies on analytics which all support that the committee did not select the best teams. They picked the teams that felt right, though, so good for them.

Back