• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see both sides, but a college QB has been risking injury every time he steps on the field for 10+ years.

They’ve been publicly shopping for transfer QBs so I’m assuming he just got fed up honestly.
I honestly wonder how High School quarterbacks navigate the recruiting process now when the majority of Big 5 programs are recruiting a new starter from the Portal every season. At this point there are multiple major college programs that haven’t started one of their own QB recruits in 4 years.

How does a coach recruit a player on fair competition for playing time if they are going to bring in a different 22yo starter every year?

I honestly wonder how High School quarterbacks navigate the recruiting process now when the majority of Big 5 programs are recruiting a new starter from the Portal every season. At this point there are multiple major college programs that haven’t started one of their own QB recruits in 4 years.

How does a coach recruit a player on fair competition for playing time if they are going to bring in a different 22yo starter every year?
Agreed. For instance, why would any HS QB sign with Notre Dame?

Skipping a meaningless bowl to prep for the NFL makes some sense.

Skipping a NY6 bowl or the CFP to hit the transfer portal a week or two quicker is ridiculous.
My guess is he found out Ward or DJU has committed for next season and he doesn't want to risk injury playing with reserves against basically a full UGA team. As much as it sucks, I can't really blame him if that is the case. Just a product of today's cfb which is dying.

My guess is he found out Ward or DJU has committed for next season and he doesn't want to risk injury playing with reserves against basically a full UGA team. As much as it sucks, I can't really blame him if that is the case. Just a product of today's cfb which is dying.
F$U staff has been vocal about hitting the portal for a QB. So he would either be backup again or has to leave. So he left. He probably sees windows of opportunity as schools like Wake and Duke (and many others) already have commitments from portal QBs. He wants a good spot. So the sooner in, the sooner he finds one.

F$U staff has been vocal about hitting the portal for a QB. So he would either be backup again or has to leave. So he left. He probably sees windows of opportunity as schools like Wake and Duke (and many others) already have commitments from portal QBs. He wants a good spot. So the sooner in, the sooner he finds one.
Yep this sounds right. Don’t blame him for leaving before he is out of a seat in musical chairs.

What impact would $40 million have on the roster attrition?

The question was about roster attrition, so I answered about players.

I agree that most of the money will go to coaches and staff as it already does. CaptRenault posted a good WSJ article with stats about that on his thread.

Looks like first round picks Brock Bowers and Amarius Mims will be taking the night off too. Mims might go second round but he got hurt in the dirt quarter the SECCG and it affected the game plan for the Dawgs. 6’7”, 340 lbs.

Back