• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem with BC is that they invest nothing into athletics. Their facilities are from the Stone Age.
Huh? What's all this?

BC is an urban campus (which makes it harder to build new facilities) and it has a few more sports than Wake has (hockey, lacrosse, rowing) . Yet they have very good, if not elaborate, facilities. And at least almost all their facilities are, you know, on the BC campus. So I don't agree that somehow BC is not worthy of ACC membership because of their facilities.

Keep in mind that if all of the ACC teams were allowed to vote in secret on which 3 teams should be kicked out of the ACC, then the top 3 would almost certainly be BC, Syracuse and...Wake.

I haven't seen BC's practice facilities but the football stadium and the Conte Forum are both god awful. The Conte Forum may be functional for a hockey/basketball dual use but it's a really weird/outdated spot to watch a basketball game. I've heard the new baseball facilities are nice but haven't checked them out

Colgate was punted 4th and 9 and Syracuse had consecutive pre-snap penalties to give Colgate a 1st down.

Enjoyed watching Colorado upset TCU. After all the crap Deion has taken this offseason from the establishment, that's gotta be satisfying. And this Hunter kid is amazing. He had an unreal pick in the red zone and looked great at CB and also caught over 100 yards worth of passes. He's got that Charles Woodson Heisman vibe. And Sanders kid threw for 500 yards. Utah and Colorado are going to help keep the B-12 a solid football conference.

So given expansion, etc… how are folks handling rooting interest for UNC, FSU games? Better for them to win and show we can compete? Or hope they get blown out and look less attractive?

So given expansion, etc… how are folks handling rooting interest for UNC, FSU games? Better for them to win and show we can compete? Or hope they get blown out and look less attractive?

I'll never pull for either. I hope LSU wins 59-7. Go watch Warchant sometime and you'll see why I say that.

Huh? What's all this?

BC is an urban campus (which makes it harder to build new facilities) and it has a few more sports than Wake has (hockey, lacrosse, rowing) . Yet they have very good, if not elaborate, facilities. And at least almost all their facilities are, you know, on the BC campus. So I don't agree that somehow BC is not worthy of ACC membership because of their facilities.

Keep in mind that if all of the ACC teams were allowed to vote in secret on which 3 teams should be kicked out of the ACC, then the top 3 would almost certainly be BC, Syracuse and...Wake.
Have you been to a game at BC? Their facilities are absolute dumps. And Chestnut Hill is a Boston suburb. There is plenty of space out there. I will add that I have also heard that the new baseball facilities are decent but I haven’t been to them.

Betting heavy on UNC so if they win I win and if they lose we all win.

Refs with just a baffling announced call for Boise-Washington. I think they got the call right, he maybe wasn't outside the tackle box, but he certainly threw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

ETA: He may have been out of the tackle box too lol

Refs with just a baffling announced call for Boise-Washington. I think they got the call right, he maybe wasn't outside the tackle box, but he certainly threw the ball past the line of scrimmage.

ETA: He may have been out of the tackle box too lol
They were wrong on both counts. Awful

I don't know how they possibly thought that ball didn't cross the line of scrimmage.

I will say, that was obviously a play where the QB threw it to nobody on purpose to avoid pressure and I kinda think refs should have judgment to just give that intentional grounding anyway

Back