• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 College Football Thread: What Even Are Demon Deacons ?!?!?!?!

100 days till COLLEGE FOOTBALL BEGINS !!!!!

How bad is Clemson ? They're a Noon game. I was planning on going to this but will probably skip it now.

I'm here for this thread solely to see how Biff handles a second straight B1G national champ should OSU get good enough QB play.

NC State scheduled a non-conference series with Virginia to presumably replace their series with App State and App State twitter is livid calling the ACC cowards.

So I did a quick list of P4 @ G5 games this year and unsurprisingly ACC plays the most. I actually like them but understand it's a lose-lose proposition usually. SEC and "Big 10" are such cowards, though.

1715879683693.png

Rule changes for 2024:

1. 2 minute warning
  2. helmet radios for one player on field from each team
  3. Tablet computers OK on sidelines
So more moves in making college football resemble the NFL.

NC State scheduled a non-conference series with Virginia to presumably replace their series with App State and App State twitter is livid calling the ACC cowards.
So I did a quick list of P4 @ G5 games this year and unsurprisingly ACC plays the most. I actually like them but understand it's a lose-lose proposition usually. SEC and "Big 10" are such cowards, though.

View attachment 9384

I personally love the unique non-conference games against regionally interesting opponents (for example if Wake played ECU, App, or even the away game at ODU last year was a lot of fun to attend). But now that the playoff has expanded, if you think your team has a legitimate chance of making it, there isn't much upside. But still - these are games your teams should be winning either way - so if you're a playoff quality team, you shouldn't be scared to do it.

What’s more embarrassing is the SEC Coward Week before Thanksgiving weekend. Can’t have our big strong boys lose a game then !

Edit: just looked at the schedule and it’s half and half. Georgia resting against UMass before facing the mighty Rambling Wreck.

Dumb argument. What difference does it make what week you play a cupcake ? and what does that have to do with Wake playing at App State and ODU, which we're not going to do anymore hopefully ?

Dumb argument. What difference does it make what week you play a cupcake ? and what does that have to do with Wake playing at App State and ODU, which we're not going to do anymore hopefully ?
Those games are fun for college football. The tune up games only exist to protect the fans whose entire personality is how good their team is.

Because you know as well as I do it’s easier to recover from an earlier loss, so the SEC tries to avoid tripping up late in the year.

Back