• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. One more draft day. Which Teams Find Winning "Lottery Tickets? "

Deaconblue

Reaction score
A place for all the off-season stuff that will impact the 2024 NFL football season.

Roster moves. Free agents. Whatever.

Signs pointing to Justin Fields heading South:

Signs pointing to Justin Fields heading South:

Hope that's the case. I don't want him in Pittsburgh, and that trade should make Atlanta the best team in the NFCS. Sounds like the Steelers will have Rudolph and Pickett battle it out with an older vet like maybe Tannehill - which is fine with me because I don't see either being legit franchise QBs. Also sounding less likely Cousins will stay in Minnesota.

So the implication here is the Bears traded Justin to ATL already, told him but somehow it hasn't leaked anywhere else?

There are really very few places the Bears can trade him... Sort of looks like ATL, maybe Denver? Vegas (no way with Getsy as OC) and Pittsburgh. Not sure anywhere else make a lot of sense

Last edited:
man denver may never draft again if they trade for fields

man denver may never draft again if they trade for fields
Fields is from GA too, so that makes it a logical destination for him too. And if you're the Falcons, does renting Cousins for 2 years solve your Ridder problem? Add to that they have the cap space to extend him. As for Denver, the speculation I've seen is that they're likely drafting a QB at 12. Whoever is the 4th QB off the board is likely to be there still.

So the implication here is the Bears traded Justin to ATL already, told him but somehow it hasn't leaked anywhere else?

There are really very few places the Bears can trade him... Sort of looks like ATL, maybe Denver? Vegas (no way with Getsy as OC) and Pittsburgh. Not sure anywhere else make a lot of sense
Not exactly sure, but guessing whomever trades for Fields is going to want to try to negotiate a contract extension after his rookie deal expires. With an extension acceptable to both parties, the Bears may be able to get a bigger return in the trade. So, the Bears likely contacted Fields' agent and OK'd for him to negotiate a deal with certain teams. Guessing that ATL is one of those teams. If so, the agent told Justin what is going down, and Fields then adjusted his Instagram accordingly. Trades can't be officially made until the middle of March, when the 2024 NFL season starts, but teams are gearing up for that date.

Not exactly sure, but guessing whomever trades for Fields is going to want to try to negotiate a contract extension after his rookie deal expires. With an extension acceptable to both parties, the Bears may be able to get a bigger return in the trade. So, the Bears likely contacted Fields' agent and OK'd for him to negotiate a deal with certain teams. Guessing that ATL is one of those teams. If so, the agent told Justin what is going down, and Fields then adjusted his Instagram accordingly. Trades can't be officially made until the middle of March, when the 2024 NFL season starts, but teams are gearing up for that date.
i suppose.... I just can't find it plausible that it wouldn't have been leaked if that was happening. I don't take much i guess from who people follow on Instagram meaning anything really.

And I guess the extension is why him being from GA would matter

he may be trying to pressure the trade to ATL himself by making it seem "leaked"

After making 100 million dollars in the NFL, Adrian Peterson is selling personal items to settle his debts. Worth looking through if you’re a size 11 or 12 shoe.

It's sad to see athletes squander their fortunes, but it's hard to feel bad for a child abuser.

And glad to see Araiza signed. I hope this becomes a non-story that the media leaves alone and doesn't resurrect.

Back