• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

If you are talking about the foul Durand Scott committed on the BC player, it was definitely the right call. At first glance I thought they were getting "Hessed", but the replays showed he just committed a stupid reach-in foul for no reason. Felt bad for the BC kid, reminded me of that Memphis guy who had to hit 2 of 3 free throws to win in a similar situation in the CUSA final for an NCAA berth about 7-8 years ago (with no one else at the line), and only made 1.

NC State has the talent to make the Final Four, but not the coach.

Is it mathematically possible for all ACC teams but Duke to lose all their remaining games this year? Because they're all playing like it's their goal.

Classic let down game for NCSU @MD. Man do they have our number. :rulz:

Why they didn't foul Howard is mindboggling.

That they didn't put multiple bodies on Len is even stranger. What difference would it have made had somebody shoved him?

Classic let down game for NCSU @MD. Man do they have our number. :rulz:

Amazing stat:
Of the last 14 times that NCSU has beaten either Duke or UNC, it is 1-13 in the game immediatelyfollowing.

Is it mathematically possible for all ACC teams but Duke to lose all their remaining games this year? Because they're all playing like it's their goal.

Really seems that way. But I'd expand it to 2 teams and include State. Last night was a tough game for them after their Dick win and MD coming off a horrible game with Miami. I see Dick winning around 16 and State around 14-15 in conference. Maybe either MD or Miami can get to the 10-11 range. Everyone else will be between 6-9 ACC wins - losing to the few good teams, losing on the road and winning at home. Part of me really hopes MD & Miami will stay around that 9-10 win range so that the ACC will only have 2 teams dancing.

And they are #4 in RPI. Madness!

Thought they stunk based on their losses, but Indiana State looks like a bubble team and FGCU is at least functional in their conference.

We'll learn more about them with vs Duke and FSU up next

50-51. ACC basketball sucks right now. This feels like the lowest scoring season I can remember for the conference in general.

Not a big surprise with Maryland. That's always been Turgeon's style.

Lot of the new coaches in the Big Ten have helped make that league more exciting. Maryland will help bring it back more to the norm

Weekend preview: http://www.accsports.com/teams/north-carolina/2013011814509/acc-weekend-preview-jan-18.php

And I agree with this paragraph very much.

Tyler Cavanaugh
I don’t say this to pick on you, Tyler. Really. But, buddy? You might want to stop shooting for a little bit. In his first three ACC games, the freshman shot 3-of-12 from the floor - 25%. But at Clemson, he pretty much wanted to take all of the shots. Wake attempted 61 shots and he took 12. He made one. When he’s on the court, he attempts 24.6% of Wake’s shots - more than ANYONE ON THE TEAM except Travis McKie. He’s not rebounding the ball particularly well in league play, and seven three-pointers are probably about six too many for the big guy to have attempted (he’s made exactly none). Cavanaugh needs to be much more judicious with his attempts and try to contribute in other ways.

LOL! "the Fighting Bzdeliks"...

"Virginia Tech has had a much-needed week off, and it will be at home, which should be enough against the Fighting Bzdeliks, who are not exactly road warriors."

The proposed narrative for a Wake Forest loss is another goodie...

"Wake Forest Loss: JEFF [Redacted] CAN’T WIN ON THE ROAD! (Well, at home too, but mostly the road.)"

It can no longer be denied. Our basketball program IS a running joke. Thank you Ron Wellman, you no-good sorry POS.

Last edited:
and doing it without their starting center.

I'm not so sure that Miami is better off without Reggie starting. Gamble/Kadji are playing very well right now and Reggie is a downgrade defensively from both.

Where is the "UVA sucks" crowd at?

This just in, UVA is whipping up on a 10-6 team, no longer sucks

Good lord the ACC is depressing these days. And now many of the sucky teams play awful Big 10 slow basketball on top of their stickiness

Where is the "UVA sucks" crowd at?

UVA does suck. They are playing that is worse and can't throw the ball in the ocean. The closest thing to a quality win F$U has is beating Maryland.

Coming into today in UVA last five games they have lost to Old Dominion, Wake Forest and Clemson. If you lost to those three, you suck.

Last edited:
Back