• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

if you think State is going to get a 10-11 seed in the NCAA Tournament this year then you're most likely an idiot.

..or a Maryland fan. Same difference.

So a tightly called game with no frontline depth is good for State?

How is allowing a mauling that wears you down good for a team with a 6 man rotation? How about a 6 man rotation with one post player sick and the point guard out? And no, a super tight called game wouldn't help either, a normal called game would be the best. I know, weird thought that it doesn't have to be one of the extremes

Not that I thought the refs were biased, I'm just saying with the illness, injury, and away at a decent team with the way the game was called that's just not a loss that bothers me. We should be 7-1 but we shit the bed against Wake and Maryland

The ACC just sucks. Wake beats State and takes Duke to the wire. Meanwhile, Miami is down to VT with 11 to go.

Updated:

1) #13 Miami 15-3
2) #5 Duke 14-4
3) #33 Virginia 12-6
4) #38 North Carolina St 11-7
5) #43 North Carolina 10-8
6) #57 Maryland 9-9
7) #73 Clemson 8-10
8) #92 Florida St 8-10
9) #78 Georgia Tech 6-12
10) #133 Wake Forest 6-12
11) #126 Boston College 4-14
12) #155 Virginia Tech 4-14

The latest NCAAT projections from the bracket matrix...
Duke: 1 seed
Miami: 3 seed
NCSt: 5 seed
UNC: 10 seed
----
Maryland: first 4 out
Virginia: still getting no respect

By the way, for those that are still saying Wake hasn't played a hard schedule, it is now 55th in KP, which I would assume ranks pretty highly in the ACC this season (around 5th if I had to guess).

5 games today (Plus Cuse-Pitt on ESPN now):

12:00 espn3 #158 Virginia Tech @ #45 North Carolina (-17) 90%
12:00 espn3 #72 Clemson @ #125 Boston College (+1) 55%
2:00 espn3 #132 Wake Forest @ #60 Maryland (-11) 84%
2:00 espn #5 Duke @ #93 Florida St (+12) 16%
4:00 CBS #13 Miami @ #36 North Carolina St (+1) 43%

Right now, BC leads Clemson 5-0 at the under 16. Virginia Tech scored the first 10 points, now leads 12-2 at Carolina.

Watch Syracuse and Pitt. I have never seen a team dribble less than Pittsburgh.

Serious question, since ACC play has started, who has been better, McAdoo or Devin the beast Thomas?

How is allowing a mauling that wears you down good for a team with a 6 man rotation? How about a 6 man rotation with one post player sick and the point guard out? And no, a super tight called game wouldn't help either, a normal called game would be the best. I know, weird thought that it doesn't have to be one of the extremes

Not that I thought the refs were biased, I'm just saying with the illness, injury, and away at a decent team with the way the game was called that's just not a loss that bothers me. We should be 7-1 but we shit the bed against Wake and Maryland

Transfers have really hurt NCSU. They are thin everywhere but could really use painter this year.

Will be interesting to see if they have any more transfers, especially with players now openly acknowledging that Gott isn't exactly the best coach ever.

Thomas and McAdoo have been close. McAdoo is the second worst offensive player on UNC besides Paige.

As much as I'd like to see UNC lose, it would not be good for us on Tuesday.

BC nearly blows a 20 point lead at home against Clemson, but they survive 75-68.

UNC looks like an NIT-level team without Hairston, but they rally to beat VT in OT.

Duke is already hammering FSU, 13-2, 5 minutes in.

State fans are chanting Tyler Lewis' name. He has 12 points and 3 assists with 13:30 left against Miami. State up by 10.

Back