• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

My BOI over at TheBigLead dropping some knowledge: http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...at-ken-pomeroys-defensive-efficiency-numbers/

Of the last 20 Final Four teams …
* 9 of 20 (45%) have been in Ken Pom’s Top 5 for defensive efficiency
* 16 of 20 (80%) have been in Ken Pom’s Top 20 for defensive efficiency
* 18 of 20 (90%) have been in Ken Pom’s Top 30 for defensive efficiency

UVA's current defensive efficiency rating? 19.

So what odds will you give me then if I want to bet you $20 that UVA doesn't make the final four? Since the odds are in your favor... :thumbsup:

This basically ensures that Wake will have a higher ACC Tournament seed than Maryland.

This basically ensures that Wake will have a higher ACC Tournament seed than Maryland.

That would require you to to lose out or for us to win out and you only win the NC game. We are not winning out since one of our games is on the road and I doubt you lose to NC at home.

That would require you to to lose out or for us to win out and you only win the NC game. We are not winning out since one of our games is on the road and I doubt you lose to NC at home.

I know our team. They're gutless and after we lose to you guys on Saturday, our crowd will be dead against UNC.

Evidently K got caught up in the court rush and screamed the F word at fans. Niiiice.

42 of the last 50 road ACC loses, Duke has had the court stormed. Is that right? If so, that is nuts. I guess the 8 were against UNC.

Quite a whacky schedule, I think if UVA, UNC and State win out (between the three of them UNC has the only game with a team above 500 in the ACC i.e. dook), and dook loses to Miaim, dook could finish 5th. If dook and State are tied at 12-6 good luck figuring out the tie breaker since I believe both would only have a split with UNC above them.

I'd like to see how the NCAA gives dook a #1 seed from the 5th seed in the ACC.

My BOI over at TheBigLead dropping some knowledge: http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...at-ken-pomeroys-defensive-efficiency-numbers/

Of the last 20 Final Four teams …
* 9 of 20 (45%) have been in Ken Pom’s Top 5 for defensive efficiency
* 16 of 20 (80%) have been in Ken Pom’s Top 20 for defensive efficiency
* 18 of 20 (90%) have been in Ken Pom’s Top 30 for defensive efficiency

UVA's current defensive efficiency rating? 19.

I kind of took objection to McIntyre's post about this. UVA has an atrocious home/road differential, just like dear old Wake Forest.

Evidently K got caught up in the court rush and screamed the F word at fans. Niiiice.

Coach Relationships is such a punk ass bitch. As is Suleiman btw. Relationships was going nuts the entire 2nd half, was throwing a temper tantrum as he he left the court, cussed at the fans, pushed a state trooper.

Joe Harris should be ACC POY. He got considerable help from Mitchell tonight, but the rest of the team sucked on the offensive end. But they played a great defensive game. Wake fans, this is what real defense looks like, and this is why a team with 2 good players and a bunch of role players is going to make the dance while we have a losing record. I'm so jealous, but OTOH it's so nice to have good seats to watch a real team that plays good fundamental basketball. It's basically the only joy I take these days with college hoops. But UVA really needs a healthy Atkins and Tobey if they're gonna do anything in the tourney. I can't wait for next year when they'll have a deep frontcourt and enough competent bodies so that Jesperson is only playing less than 10:00 per game.

2013-March-1-0-53-471.jpg

And Coach K is whining about kids rushing the court again.

42 of the last 50 road ACC loses, Duke has had the court stormed. Is that right? If so, that is nuts. I guess the 8 were against UNC.

Saw an aticle on this recently. IIRC, two of them were vs. Wake. And Wake 2005 was one of 2 times that Duke has lost when ranked #1 that the opposing fans did not rush the court.
When a fan gets seriously injured by either trampling or getting up in the wrong opposing player's face (and it will happen sooner than later) that should put an end to the dork-fest aka the court rush.

Wait, WHAT? Forgive me for not following every ACC game this year, but WHAT THE FUCK IS TURGEON DOING?

Hogie sees us losing to you tomorrow (very plausable), so the scenario becomes very possible after that outcome is determined.

When you're constantly rated in the top 5 no matter how many times you lose, other teams' fans are going to rush the court when they beat you.

Did we rush in 2009?

Wake was one of the teams that did not rush in 05, but rushed in 04 and 09. I think Dockery punched some kid in 04.
The nots: 97 (UNC, Md), 05 (WF), late in 07 down year (Md, UNC), 09 (UNC), 10 (G'town), 12 (Ohio State) - Bret Strelow from Fayetville Observer did the research on the rushing.

Back