• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official ACC Basketball Thread: UVA beats Maryland in overtime!

It isn't going to matter, but that just makes no sense.

I guess it's not a backcourt violation if you tip the rebound to your teammate in the backcourt? Is it because they never had possession. Nobody seemed upset so I'm assuming that was all legal.

The ref's fucking up might have hurt State. FSU makes the first two FT's they hit, then it would have been a 3 pt game. Instead, one is taken away, and the player has to take an extra one which he misses and FSU gets the rebound.

Either way, that shouldn't happen. But glad it happened to State.

If Wake wins, Wake plays Maryland in the 7/10 game.

If Wake loses, and UVA wins, Wake plays NCSt in the 5/12 game.
If Wake loses, and UVA loses, Wake plays UVA in the 5/12 game.

I don't like any of those matchups.

I mean what match-ups would you like? Seems like NCSU, UVA, and UMD are the possibilities, right?

That's what I mean; those are the only possibilities.

Entering today, it was still possible for us to draw Boston College or Florida State. Would have preferred either of those.

Seriously, which match up do 'we' like. We've proven we can lose and be embarrassed by most anybody.

That's what I mean; those are the only possibilities.

Entering today, it was still possible for us to draw Boston College or Florida State. Would have preferred either of those.

Agree on BC, and I suppose I would preferred FSU over the other 3, but I still wouldn't have given us much of a change against them (BC would be pretty much 50 / 50).

What kinds of things are people saying?

Dan Dakich ‏@dandakich
Former players kicked out of games/acting like clowns on twitter ..fans throwing bottles at own players..NC State is pure comedy

Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead
NC State has been a top 3 disappointment this year. Egos? coaching? What a letdown

Apparently NC State fans have descended upon Dan Dakich's twitter feed now. Murder threats and stuff.

The whole thing is so NC State. Great schadenfreude material as we also wallow in our own little hell.

statefansnation ‏@statefansnation
@NCSU_fan2013 @dandakich So, @dandakich tweeted libelous comments about the fan across the country? WOW!! Hope that fan isn't a lawyer

you could see state doing this from a mile away to begin the season. not unlike the infamous gavin grant (lol) "can't see us losing more than four games" season.

Yea State fans are now arguing that the bottle was thrown at a reff, not CJ Leslie.

That's a great argument to have.

you could see state doing this from a mile away to begin the season. not unlike the infamous gavin grant (lol) "can't see us losing more than four games" season.

I actually posted a few weeks ago that I wasn't sure which State meltdown season I enjoyed more. Probably this one with all the preseason top 5 hype and expectation of winning the (very mediocre) ACC. Plus I love watching CJ Leslie fail.

Back