• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Army Game Thread: 17-14 VICTORY

With what Grobe left us starting last year we knew it would be a 2 to 3 year building process. How many true and redshirt freshman and sophomores are we playing?

With what Grobe left us starting last year we knew it would be a 2 to 3 year building process. How many true and redshirt freshman and sophomores are we playing?

29 on our offensive and defensive depth chart out of 52 total spots (56%). Not sure how many folks on our two-deep actually played today. But still...that's a lot.

Exactly. Beating other bad teams is the first step. The passing game has improved. We have a good foundation of talent at QB, TE, and WR. The defense is solid. Beat another bad team and pull an upset and we have four wins. Another good recruiting class and improvement and a bowl is possible next year. It's tough and slow but things are moving in the right direction.

One of the bigger steps that we can take immediately is to turn around the turnover margin. 3 WFU turnovers to none for our opponents in consecutive weeks. All 14 points for Army today following interceptions. That has to change.

Wake's 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes accounted for 44% of the total playing time against Syracuse. Really remarkable.

If Wolford is healthy he should play. But it's great to actually consider the fact that a back up QB might be worthy to play in front of him.

Just got back from West Point. Whew, was good to come out with a win. Was very impressed with all the Deacon fans that came out to the game. We had a good chunk of the south end zone. One of the best road Wake Forest crowds that I've ever seen.

Also, awesome that the band got the funding to come up for this one

they must have sold a bunch of krispy kreme doughnuts

We barely beat Army by 3. Syracuse, who beat us by 13, squeeked by Central Michigan today in OT. I love Clawson but we have a long, long way to go to be competitive.

Just back from the game. Great day, great atmosphere but the most boring football game I have ever witnessed. Great the Decacs pulled it out but if things don't turn around, it is going to be a long season.

Each of our games against Army has set the sport back years. It's past time to give this "rivalry" a rest. If we just can't stand a football season without a service academy on the schedule, then play AF and Navy, in that order.

Yeah, agreed, the games only serve to boost Wellman's culture boner.

Vs. Army next year then no service academies for four years after that -- I am OK with this

Back