• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Board Heisman Poll

Your Heisman Vote Goes To...

• Trent Richardson, Alabama

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Andrew Luck, Stanford

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Robert Griffin III, Baylor

Votes: 98 64.5%
  • Montee Ball, Wisconsin

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Case Keenum, Houston

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Matt Barkley, USC

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me, it's between Mathieu, Richardson and Griffin. I too like when defensive players get it, but Mathieu gets dinged a bit for whatever drug violation and subsequent suspension he had. And there are a few offensive players who are worthy, so not him. I hate Bama and like Sconsin. That said, I think Richardson is a better runner than Ball and has played tougher Ds this year. But given that Griffin has put up better overall numbers at Baylor than the Golden Child at Stanford, I think he's the 1 who deserves it the most.

LaMichael James? Really? Get serious.

With respect to Ball, Richardson if bigger, faster, stronger and more elusive. He's also lost one fumble in his career at Alabama. He's pretty much the perfect RB.

Really, LaMichael James. Thanks for the scouting report though, Mr. Saban. Richardson is damn good, but he's not the resurrected Christ that Bama fans make him out to be.

Last edited:
If Luck gets more votes than than RG3 it's a fucking joke.
It's because Luck's Heisman hype machine started as soon as last year's Orange Bowl was over. People are programmed to think he's the best this year when his numbers don't touch RGIII's.

Rivals has Ball tops followed by Richardson and James on their power rankings.

Really, LaMichael James. Thanks for the scouting report though, Mr. Saban. Richardson is damn good, but he's not the resurrected Christ that Bama fans make him out to be.

Okay so you're looking for a running back specifically to fit Oregon's offense? In that case yeah take James. Otherwise he's not the guy (though he did have the second most yards from scrimmage against LSU this year...behind Richardson).

You seem pretty confident so go ahead and tell me why Ball is better.

I'm biased against RGIII for pretty much single handedly knocking me out of my fantasy playoff game with that bomb to end the game against Oklahoma. Should be RGIII or Montee though.

I went with Ball mainly because of the TD differential. I agree Richardson has faced some tough defenses and some that are tougher then what Ball faced, Ball faced some pretty tough defenses as well this year such as PSU and MSU. I think both are really good running backs and an argument can be made for either.

Okay so you're looking for a running back specifically to fit Oregon's offense? In that case yeah take James. Otherwise he's not the guy (though he did have the second most yards from scrimmage against LSU this year...behind Richardson).

You seem pretty confident so go ahead and tell me why Ball is better.

Well I could give you statistics vs. bowl teams:

Montee Ball
156 yards, 4tds against #22 Penn St. (9-3)
137 yards, 3tds against #13 Mich. St (10-3)
115 yards, 1td against #16 Mich. St
151 yards, 4tds against #8 Nebraska (9-3)
223 yards, 3tds against Purdue (6-6)
224 yards, 2tds against Illinois (6-6)
91 yards, 2tds against N. Illinois (10-3)
85 yards, 2tds against tOSU (6-6)

= 1,182 yards and 21tds against 8 bowl teams (4 ranked) with 66-33 record
Montee Ball averaged 148 yds - 3 tds against 8 bowl teams with avg. 8-4 record

Trent Richardson
111 yds, 2tds vs. #23 Penn St. (9-3)
126 yds, 85 rcyds, 1td vs. #14 Arkansas (10-2)
181 yds, 2tds vs. #12 Florida (6-6)
107 yds, 1td vs. Vandy (6-6)
89 yds, 80 rcyds vs. #1 LSU (13-0)
127 yds, 1td vs. Miss. St. (6-6)
203 yds vs. #24 Auburn (7-5)

= 944 yards and 8tds against 7 bowl teams (5 ranked) with 56-28 record
Richardson averaged 134 yds - 1 td against bowl teams with avg. 8-4 record

I wonder if we are biased towards RGIII because we witnessed his college debut. I know I kinda am.

His numbers justify the award, and he probably has the least talent around him of any of the candidates. Ball would be #2 in my book. Richardson really shouldn't win it based on the stats, although Alabama didn't have a very strong passing game to take the pressure off of him.

I know it does not count, but if you could factor in all around class and decorum, RG111 runs away with this. Sharp kid from an Air Force family, in grad school and all around nice guy.

Well I could give you statistics vs. bowl teams:

Montee Ball
156 yards, 4tds against #22 Penn St. (9-3)
137 yards, 3tds against #13 Mich. St (10-3)
115 yards, 1td against #16 Mich. St
151 yards, 4tds against #8 Nebraska (9-3)
223 yards, 3tds against Purdue (6-6)
224 yards, 2tds against Illinois (6-6)
91 yards, 2tds against N. Illinois (10-3)
85 yards, 2tds against tOSU (6-6)

= 1,182 yards and 21tds against 8 bowl teams (4 ranked) with 66-33 record
Montee Ball averaged 148 yds - 3 tds against 8 bowl teams with avg. 8-4 record

Trent Richardson
111 yds, 2tds vs. #23 Penn St. (9-3)
126 yds, 85 rcyds, 1td vs. #14 Arkansas (10-2)
181 yds, 2tds vs. #12 Florida (6-6)
107 yds, 1td vs. Vandy (6-6)
89 yds, 80 rcyds vs. #1 LSU (13-0)
127 yds, 1td vs. Miss. St. (6-6)
203 yds vs. #24 Auburn (7-5)

= 944 yards and 8tds against 7 bowl teams (5 ranked) with 56-28 record
Richardson averaged 134 yds - 1 td against bowl teams with avg. 8-4 record

The stats against PSU give a pretty good comparison.

The whole Ball/Richardson comparison is missing an important stat, YPC.

However that being said I voted RGIII. His numbers are absolutely ridiculous (far better than Luck's) even if most of did come against lowly Big 12 defenses.

Back