• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bonnie Tyler Total Eclipse thread

Fredericksburg Texas is supposed to be on the path. Last year there were people scoping out hotels at Christmastime in order to secure their spot.
Yoooo, Timmy C. you gonna be in Fredericksburg Monday? Me/Fiance and a couple friends have a cabin booked up there.

We literally booked it a couple weeks ago at a campground that just opened.

the weather looking very sus for monday.

But weather people historically don't know shit about fuck.

Yoooo, Timmy C. you gonna be in Fredericksburg Monday? Me/Fiance and a couple friends have a cabin booked up there.

We literally booked it a couple weeks ago at a campground that just opened.
No, we were there last spring and ran into a couple groups of people who were doing dry runs for this year. Great town though, lots of good german food and texas wines.

No, we were there last spring and ran into a couple groups of people who were doing dry runs for this year. Great town though, lots of good german food and texas wines.

Also, I've heard the war museum is great, but haven't been there myself.

Anybody coming in should prep for traffic. Texas has taken the unusual step of banning oversized and overweight trucks in the path of totality.

There was a near-total solar eclipse in W-S while I was at Wake (3/7/70). The 7th was a Saturday and my fratty club (LXA) was hosting a Conclave of nearby LXA chapters that weekend. It was lots of fun, but the PIKA's stole the show by donning their mystic robes and dancing around a bonfire on the Quad.

Watching the forecasts between Arkansas and NY, and will head out Saturday for a location that appears to have decent upcoming weather and not close to a major city. It may end up being a cluster, but right now no problem finding hotels at normal rates an hour or two outside the total eclipse path, so planning to be in position Sunday night to make the drive into the totality zone well in advance on Monday.

Watching the forecasts between Arkansas and NY, and will head out Saturday for a location that appears to have decent upcoming weather and not close to a major city. It may end up being a cluster, but right now no problem finding hotels at normal rates an hour or two outside the total eclipse path, so planning to be in position Sunday night to make the drive into the totality zone well in advance on Monday.
I ask this with respect and sincerity, and as someone who isn't aware of much astronomically. Why is this a big deal? Didn't it just happen in 2017?

I ask this with respect and sincerity, and as someone who isn't aware of much astronomically. Why is this a big deal? Didn't it just happen in 2017?
Valid question and point: I was not in the path of totality in 2017, and this will be the last one anywhere near me in my lifetime (and that of most others on the east coast). Beyond the rarity of it, there's a lot of science, history, religion, folklore, etc. that stretches back thousands of years around a total eclipse.
Having said all that, by no means do I consider myself an "eclipse chaser", like the ones who are flying in from around the world, and here in the U.S. have made flight & hotel reservations months in advance. I'm watching the weather closely, and if it looks like a bust or even meh, I'll stay home and watch basketball this weekend.

This lame eclipse is maybe the third most important event of the week behind The Masters and the NCAAT Final.

NCAA Women's Final will draw more viewers than this if Caitlyn Clark is playing.

This lame eclipse is maybe the third most important event of the week behind The Masters and the NCAAT Final.

NCAA Women's Final will draw more viewers than this if Caitlyn Clark is playing.
Must not be the UGA spring game this week or it would be knocked down into 4th place.
And you're saying a lily-white Caitlin Clark is more significant than a balck eclipse...sounds raciost.

A full eclipse with a clear view will be one of the most breathtaking events you will ever witness in your lifetime. After seeing totality in 2017, I’m planning to drive 8.5 hours for this one if there is a fair chance the sky will be clear enough.

I was abroad in 2017 so missed it. Wondering if I can still get glasses. I saw an Ace Hardware sign a few days ago saying they had them.

A full eclipse with a clear view will be one of the most breathtaking events you will ever witness in your lifetime. After seeing totality in 2017, I’m planning to drive 8.5 hours for this one if there is a fair chance the sky will be clear enough.

5-Star Yelp review for 2017 Eclipse.

Back