• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Selection Day thread: ACC gets two teams in the BCS. Wake to Nashville.

Yea, stop worrying. I've seen no fewer than 5 current players tweet about it over the last half hour. We're going.

Herbstreit: "I don't care what *computers* say about the Big 12 this year, the SEC is, top to bottom, the best conference in the nation this year."

What does that even mean? The computers are the only metric we have to measure conferences.

Herbstreit: "I don't care what *computers* say about the Big 12 this year, the SEC is, top to bottom, the best conference in the nation this year."

What does that even mean? The computers are the only metric we have to measure conferences.

Top to bottom is bullshit. The SEC is the best conference at the top, no doubt. But top to bottom, the Big 12 is the best conference.

Robert Smith is so pro-B1G.

Dude, both Ohio State and Michigan got waxed in the BCS that 2006 season and you're still mad Michigan got voted down? How the hell is he an analyst?

Also I love how the ACC is trolling everyone if they indeed get two teams in the BCS.

Top to bottom is bullshit. The SEC is the best conference at the top, no doubt. But top to bottom, the Big 12 is the best conference.

I agree. I'm just dumbfounded at Herbstreit scoffing at the computers when they're literally the only metric we have. The humans are just hype machines.

I agree. I'm just dumbfounded at Herbstreit scoffing at the computers when they're literally the only metric we have. The humans are just hype machines.

Herby was also convinced that there needed to be a rematch in 2006. That's when he became convinced the SEC is all-powerful.

Gundy was pretty classy, but obviously disgusted with the whole process. Can't say I blame him.

Weird thing is, match-up wise, I think OSU would have had a better shot at beating LSU than Stanford. Andrew Luck against OSU's defensive scheme is frightening. Jordan Jefferson, not so much.

The way things are getting set up the acc will be in a position to really make a statement with a bunch of wins which I completely think is possible

Gundy was pretty classy, but obviously disgusted with the whole process. Can't say I blame him.

He has absolutely nothing to be upset about. His team choked away a game where they were what 25 point favorites? Nobody to blame but themselves.

VT and Clemson need to both win their games. ACC's BCS record is god-awful so far.

VT and Clemson need to both win their games. ACC's BCS record is god-awful so far.

This is the ACC's best chance to make some BCS noise since FSU's last appearance in the title game. Michigan and West Virginia are both very beatable opponents.

Rumor is Delaney lobbied for VT. Gives Michigan a likely win in its BCS bowl instead of likely loss to a low program like K-State or Boise. Also gives ACC more faith in BCS by finally getting a second bid making the ACC presidents more likely to vote away the Big East's bid and end the AQ rule. (ACC doesn't really need AQ because of OB tie in).

(changed first word for clarification)

Last edited:
Sounds like Delaney lobbied for VT. Gives Michigan a likely win in its BCS bowl instead of likely loss to a low program like K-State or Boise. Also gives ACC more faith in BCS by finally getting a second bid making the ACC presidents more likely to vote away the Big East's bid and end the AQ rule.

This seems like a lot of credit for Delaney, but he's been such an evil genius in the past that it wouldn't surprise me.

Just poking around randomly, it looks like there could be quite a few people skipping this NC game......wonder what the ratings will look like.

Just poking around randomly, it looks like there could be quite a few people skipping this NC game......wonder what the ratings will look like.
I know I'm not gonna watch. Fuck that noise. The first one was boring as fuck. No one asked for a rematch...

I would 100% watch Ok St/LSU. Bama/LSU rematch? I'll probably skip it. Maybe I've been unlucky with the games I've seen (and I got a lot of shit for calling the first half of UGA/LSU boring), but I haven't enjoyed watching an SEC game this year.

Back