• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Bowl Selection Day thread: ACC gets two teams in the BCS. Wake to Nashville.

Pretty sure I was one of only three students to post on the matter and I knew we were going to Nashville almost as soon as the players knew because I got texts from two of them who knew I would want to know. I don't really see your point Boogity...per usual. Did any student (Doofus, CTDeac, or myself) ever say we weren't going to Nashville? I know for a fact I said we were 99.9% sure to go to Nashville and were 100% not going to Shreveport.

Also I agree with Phan completely.

Cool. I just thought it was funny watching all the self-proclaimed "insiders" on this board last night. No reason to get upset.

I'm really not sure why anyone feels like KSU has been screwed over. Does anyone else remember this game:

"Oklahoma spoils Kansas State's title hopes with 58-17 drubbing"

They lost 58-17 at home. 58 to 17. It is not like they have a perfect resume.

I'm really not sure why anyone feels like KSU has been screwed over. Does anyone else remember this game:

"Oklahoma spoils Kansas State's title hopes with 58-17 drubbing"

They lost 58-17 at home. 58 to 17. It is not like they have a perfect resume.

No worse than VT getting destroyed by Clemson 2X! Hokies were very fortunate...and we benefited too from this fiasco.

I agree that the whole BCS and bowl process is seriously flawed. But Wake has benefited tremendously from it. Without the current setup, we never would have played in the Orange Bowl. And now a 6-6 WFU team is playing an SEC team in Nashville on New Years Eve. No way that would have happened without the current system. In 1987, Wake went 7-4 and stayed home. In 1988, we went 6-4-1 and stayed home.

No worse than VT getting destroyed by Clemson 2X! Hokies were very fortunate...and we benefited too from this fiasco.

Never said it was worse. I'm simply questioning why K-State was that much more deserving as the entire media seems to be claiming. If anyone had a claim it, it was probably South Carolina or Arkansas.

Never said it was worse. I'm simply questioning why K-State was that much more deserving as the entire media seems to be claiming. If anyone had a claim it, it was probably South Carolina or Arkansas.

They couldn't because the rules state that no more than 2 teams from a given conference can go to a BCS bowl game (unless neither of the top 2 teams were conference champions, then and only then could there be three teams).

Back