• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official CFP Rankings Thread - #16 Deacs (#15 Pitt, #18 State, #20 Clemson)

Biff must not remember Wake going up to UMass to face Marcus Camby, Utah to face Keith Van Horn and Michael Doleac. We played at Kansas, Marquette, and Cincy in the early 00s.

I went back and looked at the 1994-95 schedule. We had road games at Davidson, Canisius (coached by John Beilein), and Richmond in the first five games. The other two were a home opener against UNCG and a neutral site game against UF. We even had game at Winthrop in Feb between games at State and FSU.

Other ACC teams in the 80s, 90s, and 00s played big time road games as well. They weren’t afraid to go on the road and be dominant like today’s SEC powers. At least Vandy and Ole Miss are willing to come to Wake.

That's one game a year out of 30.

Looking at the final rankings I see a real possibility that an undefeated Wake Forest could have been left out (best wins would've been over a 4 loss Clemson team, 3 loss Pitt team, 3 loss NCSU team). Michigan's biggest win would have trumped any of ours and their domination of Iowa was the exclamation point. The Committee loves UGA and Bama so they would have been in. I think getting in over Cincy would have been likely, but their best win (@ND) would have been considered better than any of ours.

Looking at the final rankings I see a real possibility that an undefeated Wake Forest could have been left out (best wins would've been over a 4 loss Clemson team, 3 loss Pitt team, 3 loss NCSU team). Michigan's biggest win would have trumped any of ours and their domination of Iowa was the exclamation point. The Committee loves UGA and Bama so they would have been in. I think getting in over Cincy would have been likely, but their best win (@ND) would have been considered better than any of ours.

If we had been undefeated and jumped Cincy it would have been entertaining as hell to see the Cincy folks lose their freaking mind over being jumped by WAKE FOREST...

Back