• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

Hope we get a replacement for Matip this summer. He's far to prone to mistakes.

Eder Militao officially going to Real Madrid in the summer. Barca and Madrid snapped up the two young centerbacks I wanted, Todibo and Militao. I guess if Liverpool want a centerback they might go for De Ligt, but I do think they need an upgrade since I'm not sure they can really count on availability/consistency from Gomez, Matip, and Lovren.

But yeah, Gnabry had Robertson on the ropes for both legs, and I think that goal was mostly on Robertson.

Eder Militao officially going to Real Madrid in the summer. Barca and Madrid snapped up the two young centerbacks I wanted, Todibo and Militao. I guess if Liverpool want a centerback they might go for De Ligt, but I do think they need an upgrade since I'm not sure they can really count on availability/consistency from Gomez, Matip, and Lovren.

But yeah, Gnabry had Robertson on the ropes for both legs, and I think that goal was mostly on Robertson.

Sure, that was on Robertson, but in general Matip is prone to a crucial every game or two. Plus like you mentioned injuries plague that trio. Need a reliable #2.

Oh yeah, no question. I think they definitely need someone else in there and to choose between one of Lovren and Matip. I think next year's the last of Matip's contract, so they might just let him play it out. If they can't get who they really want this summer, though, I'd be cool with this rotation again next season, even if it has led to a couple of dicey moments.

Bet you a Benjamin that the four English boys end up drawing each other and Barca and Juve get Ajax and Porto...

In 2008 Liverpool and Arsenal played and then in 2009 Liverpool and Chelsea played. History says the bet should be "Liverpool will play another PL team".

My order of preference for who I want to play:

Porto
Barcelona (been a long time and it would be fun)
Ajax
Totty
Juve
ManU
City

In 2008 Liverpool and Arsenal played and then in 2009 Liverpool and Chelsea played. History says the bet should be "Liverpool will play another PL team".

Porto
Ajax
Totty
Juve
ManU
City

I would want nothing of Ajax, Juve, and Barca. But I get not really wanting to play English squads, kind of takes a little of the fun out of it.

Porto
Ajax
Totty
Juve
ManU
City

I'd drop Porto down since we played them last season.

My order:
Barcelona (Send Philippe home)
Juve (Gotta beat em eventually and it be fun)
Porto
Ajax
Totty
ManU
City

wait, they are drawing the quarters and semis at the same time? that is dumb.

i'm assuming live draws are a big deal for them, hard to believe they would punt on one.

wait, they are drawing the quarters and semis at the same time? that is dumb.

i'm assuming live draws are a big deal for them, hard to believe they would punt on one.

Wait, what? Are they actually laying out a bracket for the rest of the comp?

Good draw for the favorites - city, pool, Barca, juve avoid each other until the semis.

Wish the semis draw came out different and gave us potential for city/pool on one side and Messi/Ronaldo on the other.

They have done the quarters and semis in the same draw for a while now.

I feel like that complaint is posted every year and then forgotten about because it's not really a big deal.

They have done the quarters and semis in the same draw for a while now.

I feel like that complaint is posted every year and then forgotten about because it's not really a big deal.

except they didn't do it last year. I feel like they used to do the quarter/semi draw, went away from it, now are back

except they didn't do it last year. I feel like they used to do the quarter/semi draw, went away from it, now are back
I think they should just set up the bracket after the group stage is over.

Not the draw any spurs fans wanted. Not only potentially the top team but one you already play multiple times. Oh well. Lots of City over the next few months.

Back