• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

Are your jimmies rustled ?

Are you going to flip an old Asian dude into a fountain ?

giphy.gif

Anyone have an idea as to how Klopp plans to line this group up?

@jair1970
21m21 minutes ago

Having thought about this maybe it's a case of Firmino being unfit and then just start your best 11 players, Henderson obviously unlucky to miss out, but I prefer an extra midfielder out there than Shaq or Origi trying to fit in the front three.

@jair1970
6m6 minutes ago

I've got small, data-ish (but essentially hard to prove with confidence) ideas around TAA being slightly vulnerable, so providing Gomez is fit enough, that's fine too.

Either a diamond with Gini and Milner in the middle or a front three of Keita/Mane on the wings and Salah down the middle.

I tend to think we'll see Fabinho sitting behind the midfield 3.

Jurgen Klopp speaks: In an interview with BT Sport’s Des Kelly, the Liverpool manager explains his team selection. On the omission of Roberto Firmino: “Bobby wants to play and the medical dept told me it’s good, but we had to make sure he doesn’t have to start. But we have him on the bench and that’s OK.

Asked if the inclusion of Fabinho and Naby Keita means he’ll be playing a midfield diamond, Klopp says: “We don’t change really a lot,” he says. “Whoever plays, we always have a diamond from time to time. We had to be creative and that’s what we were so we’ll see how it goes.”

He explained that he’s left Jordan Henderson out because he’s played five games in a row and goes on to say that “Fabinho and “Millie” [James Milner] “didn’t play for two games so it’s clear we had to use them.” He adds Joe Gomez is also nicely rested and said “we have to refresh a little bit and for a good line-up for tonight’s game we needed fresh legs”.

i should coach liverpool instead of you lot

I mean, it looks like Keita wouldn’t have started if Firmino had been 100% and he probably wouldn’t have been/won’t be part of the deeper three midfielders, regardless.

I mean, it looks like Keita wouldn’t have started if Firmino had been 100% and he probably wouldn’t have been/won’t be part of the deeper three midfielders, regardless.

@jair1970
21m21 minutes ago

Having thought about this maybe it's a case of Firmino being unfit and then just start your best 11 players, Henderson obviously unlucky to miss out, but I prefer an extra midfielder out there than Shaq or Origi trying to fit in the front three.

@jair1970
6m6 minutes ago

I've got small, data-ish (but essentially hard to prove with confidence) ideas around TAA being slightly vulnerable, so providing Gomez is fit enough, that's fine too.

Yeah, Trent AA’s gotten rinsed a few times lately — nothing major, I think it’s part of a long season taking its toll/slight back injury, but I’m alright with Gomez here.

Or Naby will be in the three, and Wijnaldum at the tip and Townie should be manager.

How did the Shite get Friday-Wednesday, and Spurs were screwed with Saturday-Tuesday?

Not a handball you whiny little Argie midget

God this is going to be 180 minutes of whiny and diving by two sides stocked full of giant pussies. Gross. Wish I could have watched the Spurs-Ajax leg instead.

That's the second time Mane has thrown himself to ground with Pique near him. My guess is he'll throw himself down 15+ times today.

Back