• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Clemson vs. Wake Game Thread - 7:49 on ABC

I like the announcers justification of no PI call. "They have their hands on you every play, every ball that's up they're grabbing and you could call it pass interference. But they're not going to call it every time."

Ok who had first Wake TD of the year being Griffis to Morin?

I didn’t hear as a justification as much of a casual statement of fact

I mean Pitino did the same thing with U.K. in the 90’s. The refs can’t and won’t call every foul

And the next statement should be, why doesn’t everyone do it

lol a deep ball then a timeout from Clemson

Dabo giving out NFL comps, mock draft grades, and career projections for his freshman QB.

Maybe it's just the number, but Morin giving me Wes Welker vibes.

Thanks Dabo for pulling the starters so the Deacs could cover

Give the defense some credit. This isn't like 2018 when Clemson tried to run out the clock and their backup RBs kept busting out long TD runs.

Rather than run a 2 min offense and get some practice, Clawson opts to carryover his timeouts to the next game. Oops, maybe someone should tell him that’s not allowed.

I didn’t hear as a justification as much of a casual statement of fact

I mean Pitino did the same thing with U.K. in the 90’s. The refs can’t and won’t call every foul

And the next statement should be, why doesn’t everyone do it

This is simply not true. You can and should call every one, and you do it early. It's called managing the game. I've been to a number college officials camps (not for football) and managing the game is priority number 1. You set the tone early and then you don't have to call it on every play. This was just poor officiating. The problem is they won't be reprimanded or corrected at all.

To your last point, everyone doesn't do it because they would have called it on anyone but Clemson. They would have never let Wake get away with that bull shit in this game.

Our staff needs to learn how to game plan against top teams. They are fine against 2nd tier but totally out classed against the best in the country.

If a team commits PI or defensive holding every play, it should be called every play until they quit doing it. It wouldn't take long to get that cleaned up. A few TDs via PI to the three should do it.

The drop off from 1st to 3rd string at a lot of positions doesn’t seem to be as huge as in the past. Not advocating for anybody to be replaced as a starter, but it’s nice to have some depth.

The drop off from 1st to 3rd string at a lot of positions doesn’t seem to be as huge as in the past. Not advocating for anybody to be replaced as a starter, but it’s nice to have some depth.

This has been one of Clawson's goals. He noted that he has 10 playable D-line guys. Not true at other positions.

Back