• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Joe Moglia?

He was my football coach sophomore year of high school. He was a no-nonsense hardass back then and I doubt he has changed much. He has done a nice job at Coastal Carolina the last 2 years. Wellman (and Wake) could do a lot worse.

For some reason, I can totally see Wellman coming out of nowhere and going after somebody like Ty Willingham. Wellman is big on his coaches having "polish" to satisfy the major donors (unlike an Orgeron or Pelini), he coached at Notre Dame (i'm looking at you, Hatch) and Stanford (schools with tough academics).

Again, I don't know why, but I can see Hatch and Wellman getting a hard-on for Willingham despite his being out of the game for a few years... i guess the other obvious options make too much sense.

0% chance Wellman hires a coach known for slamming coeds.
NCAA+Basketball+Tournament+First+Round+Miami+1WvPj_OMUB5l.jpg

For some reason, and i have no idea what he is doing, but i see us going for Phil Fulmer.

The football scoop tweet about coaches saying Wake is their dream job may be the (positive?) reflection of Wellman allowing coaches to suck out loud for years after everybody else has figured it out.

Ya'll be throwing out some crazy names. I love it. Let's find some more dudes who aren't even coaching football anymore at any level, maybe someone who quit a few years back and started selling life insurance or something.

He was my football coach sophomore year of high school. He was a no-nonsense hardass back then and I doubt he has changed much. He has done a nice job at Coastal Carolina the last 2 years. Wellman (and Wake) could do a lot worse.

Really has surprised me, but too old and doesn't fit imo.

Ya'll be throwing out some crazy names. I love it. Let's find some more dudes who aren't even coaching football anymore at any level, maybe someone who quit a few years back and started selling life insurance or something.

Joe Moglia is a big WTF because he is the board of directors of TD Ameritrade as well as head coach of Coastal Carolina

Wellman is a very large part of the reason qualified coaches would want to coach here

What kind of salary are we throwing around? Are we paying the new coach the same as Grobe or are we going to be very pedestrian about it until the coach proves something? That will make a pretty big difference. I am afraid even with the ACC TV money we are hemorrhaging money from the HMS Buzztanic and that may result in less money for a football coach (even though Grobe is paid a lot now).

George O'Leary would be an interest pick. He won at GT and is winning at UCF. I know he is old but who cares if we win.

Back