• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Guys, when you post these candidates, can you please post pics of their wives? Need to see MRS NARDUZZI to know whether we should take them seriously to be our next coach.

Obvious issue with Narduzzi right now would be he still has a game next week as well as a big time bowl game to prepare for at some point. Not sure when or if he would even be able to interview this week, or even next week.

Dan Mullen accepted his HC job when he was playing for a BCS Title. So did the previous Bama coordinator before Price.

Obvious issue with Narduzzi right now would be he still has a game next week as well as a big time bowl game to prepare for at some point. Not sure when or if he would even be able to interview this week, or even next week.

It is pretty common for coordinators to be able to go interview during bowl season. Especially during the first part of the month (when there are no practices going on). It's not like the NFL where the assistants don't interview until the team is eliminated.

guys, how about RIVERBOAT RON?!*

or maybe Mike Shula?**

*joking

**seriously don't you know i'm joking

Before their season imploded I was high on Mick McCall - he's been the OC at Northwestern the last six years.

I'm less concerned with coordinators being able to interview and more concerned about them having the time to assemble a staff and get on the recruiting trail ASAP.

I mean, our recruiting sucks anyway so it's not likely to matter, but it'd be nice to get a new staff out there doing work quickly.

It isn't uncommon at all for coaches to interview while prepping for a bowl game, coordinators or head guys. Including Jim Grobe.

MAVJRPFQBYHEBMG.20120703194126.jpg

Lembo could hold out for better at this point I think.

I don't know... She's not half bad. I think he did pretty well getting her. ;)

It is interesting that for the second time in recent memory (2001-2002), we will (should) have new coaches in both football and basketball.

Guys, when you post these candidates, can you please post pics of their wives? Need to see MRS NARDUZZI to know whether we should take them seriously to be our next coach.

check the PAT NARDUZZI thread.

What are the other potential vacancies?

Texas?
Florida?
UVA?
Washington

Some FCS coaches, I wouldn't mind if it came to that:

Dino Babers, Eastern Illinois
Rob Ambrose, Towson
Ron Roberts, SE Louisiana

Back