• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Dayton Game Thread

Great effort, give it up to Dayton, they shot lights out in the final six mins.

More like the final 2 minutes. We were up 4 and they drilled two threes and that was it. In a flash the game slipped away from us.

Loser of the next game. Fairfield or AZ State.

Word. I think we can beat either of those teams. Let's go deacs. We alwayws knew this year would be tough, but next year good be cool if we have a fun class and good role models.

If we had a bruiser to play with Carson, we'd have a decent team.

Our SGs need to play some wing D.

The motion was good, but we are so weak inside.

Terrible offense the last minute or so, but at least we have improved from historically bad.

Feels good to actually like our basketball team again, a feeling I haven't had in several years.

i fucking hate jeff [Redacted]. in the offseason, i forgot how much the sight of him makes me want to punch a hole in the wall.

What's the point of this post? Deacs looked good, had an idea of what to do, Dayton was on the ropes, and stepped up and made tough shot after tough shot. Not much we could do about it.

If we had a bruiser to play with Carson, we'd have a decent team.

Our SGs need to play some wing D.

The motion was good, but we are so weak inside.

Nikita's a bruiser. Just not in a helpful way.

Lack of inside presence is just a killer. Carson is useless in the paint on offense.

Chennault is physical and played well tonight, but he just doesn't have PG skills. Harris needs to have the ball in his hands for those critical possessions and when the clock is running down.

i fucking hate jeff [Redacted]. in the offseason, i forgot how much the sight of him makes me want to punch a hole in the wall.

Are you serious right now?

Dayton just made shots when they had to. We got hands in their faces, they just made them.

What a terrible post.

Bad decision by TC with 34 secs left. Should have driven and dished rather than chuck up a 3. Try to drive and get the ball to Chase. Wonder why he didn't get more chances? Good defense by Dayton or poor sets by WF? We just get killed on the boards by every team. From that stand point it is going to be a long year. Good effort

Lack of inside presence is just a killer. Carson is useless in the paint on offense.

Chennault is physical and played well tonight, but he just doesn't have PG skills. Harris needs to have the ball in his hands.

I think this is right, but I don't know what we propose Carson does. Last year, he was good on the elbows of the paint. This year, he's bad closer to the rim. So what do we do?

Very disappointed CJ didn't step up on one of the final 2 possessions. No reason to put the game in Chennault's hands at this point.

Other than that, a great game by the Deacs - definitely playing above their talent level. Keep building towards the next two years...

Back