• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Deacs Vs. Vandy Game Thread v2.0

Grobe and his staff just don't light a fire under our guys a lot of times. Case in point, Okoro was still in the game after his dumbass play in the first half when he missed the pick 6 and got the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Any coach with balls would have taken him out of the game and ripped him.

Just got back in the car. Completely wasted Saturday. Thanks for the effort today, team. You saved me several hundred dollars in bowl expenses--I wouldn't go watch this group again if they were playing in my backyard.

So dont we think the program is in better shape this season, and heading in the right direction, even if we dont like what we are seeing today?
Yes, but they were capable (talent-wise) of much, much more.

I'm as frustrated as any with this, but Grobe does not deserve to be on a hot seat yet. If we beat Clemson (which GD we really should have) we're playing for the ACC Title. Syracuse was a complete botch and ND could have been one as well.

The ball bounces just a little different and we could have had an epic season...

what happened on their last TD? Like a halfback pass or something??

Their starting QB that lost his starter role to Rodgers came in as a WR and threw a TD

Edit: I swear every time I answer a question, someone answers it before I can submit it

there's not even a good game to switch to.

auburn just shit the bed on a Lobo-esque 4th and 1 call.

odd. a potential epic season with a team that is average to below average.

We made a bowl. Grobe's work is done. Why go that extra mile?

This game is very telling IMO

What killed me in this game is that we went for it on 4th down when we were down 20 and then didn't go for it on 4th and medium the next time when we were now down 27. Did we just decide to mail it in that second time? We know we can't stop them, you have to go for that there and give yourself a chance. Pittiful. LOWF.

So dont we think the program is in better shape this season, and heading in the right direction, even if we dont like what we are seeing today?

Sure. But don't we think we could have been better last year and this year with some better coaching?

I'm as frustrated as any with this, but Grobe does not deserve to be on a hot seat yet. If we beat Clemson (which GD we really should have) we're playing for the ACC Title. Syracuse was a complete botch and ND could have been one as well.

The ball bounces just a little different and we could have had an epic season...

Does the coaching staff not have any responsibility to get our people to be able to focus and execute during crunch time?

It's perfect that BB&T is the Wrigley field of college football....wait til next year!

meh, this is on grobe down to the last man.

no one gave a shit today, and it shows.

Yep. If the players knew there were ramifications for not caring, they'd show some freaking effort.

Now they're just going to sleepwalk through the next month and sleepwalk into the bowl game and lose to Wyoming.

BabyDeac, it's tough to tell. This team lost a lot of winnable games and barely showed up in the 2nd half of games and the 2nd half of the season. A lot of people feel good about the future, but there are some serious holes in this team. We're losing an experienced mediocre line and replacing them with young guys who have barely seen the field. I don't have much confidence in Harris and Orville in the running game. We don't know if Givens will be back. Otherwise, I think the passing game should be fine. The DL isn't much to write home about, the LBs have some potential, the secondary should be OK if Okoro moves to safety or off the field completely.

But we also could've had the ball bounce differently and lose to Duke, State, BC, even FSU or Maryland. We've come out on the winning end more often than not in close games this year. I can stomach losing to Cuse and ND. What kills me is games like this and the UNC game where we absolutley get outplayed and outcoached by mediocre teams. We don't have many games where we come back. It's like either we get up early and blow a lead or get up early, blow a lead, then hang on just enough to win.

Back