• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Diamond Deacs Thread: Wake sweeps Clemson; ACCT starts Wednesday

Shew. Never boring with Dimock. Huge win. We will at least play for an at large bid next week.

A broom job tomorrow wouldn't hurt our chances at all.

Was it a mistake going with JVG over Fischer as a weekend starter? He has been a boss out there.

Those were 7 2/3 fantastic innings from Fischer considering he has struggled a bit in relief before he was converted to a starter to replace Van Grouw.

Was it a mistake going with JVG over Fischer as a weekend starter? He has been a boss out there.

Not sure. JVG did alright early in the year, he just always had that one inning and I'm not sure Fischer was ready yet, but he definitely needs to be there going into next year. Especially considering Cooney will probably be gone from what I've heard.

Yesterday's win took us from 42 to 37 in the RPI.

In between the end of our game yesterday and now, other games had dropped our RPI back down to 42.

Tomorrow would be huge, but next weekend is the biggest thing. Hopefully we get a good pod.

Anybody planning on going?

Yes, I am planning on going to some games. Hopefully we play at night and on Saturday.

You never know what win will do it. A win tomorrow might get us in with 1 next weekend.

Ballpark erupted with the final out. Very fun atmosphere. Small following for the Diamond Deacs, but knowledgable. Everyone knew what was at stake.

Miami beats GT. Wake clinches 7th spot and will play UNC, State, Miami/Clemson.

GT and VT are playing for their lives.

props to the baseball team for hanging in there. I thought we were just playing out the string.

Miami beats GT. Wake clinches 7th spot and will play UNC, State, Miami/Clemson.

GT and VT are playing for their lives.

A win tomorrow would probably put us back in NCAA Tournament as long as we don't go 0-3 next week/weekend. It will be very difficult to win 2 from that group of teams. I counted this team out once they got swept by BC, so glad they proved me wrong.

Wake Forest is making a late surge past Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech in the ACC's at-large pecking order. The Demon Deacons clinched a huge series witha 2-1 win against Clemson, while the Yellow Jackets dropped their home series to Miami and the Hokies lost for the second straight day at North Carolina. The Deacs, who own head-to-head series wins against both Techs, clinched a spot in the ACC tournament. Jack Fischer (7.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R) was strong in a no-decision for Wake, and Brett Armour's two-run homer in the eighth propelled Wake to the win—coach Tom Walter's 500th. At 12-17 in the ACC, Wake's at-large hopes are looking livelier. Virginia Tech needs to beat UNC and hope the Jackets lose to make the ACC tournament; both the Hokies and Jackets could use a trip to Greensboro to boost their sagging resumes.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog...p-heavyweights-split-twin-bills-in-sec-c-usa/

Talked with Kendall Rodgers a bit over DM on twitter (the Perfect Game guy) in the middle of the conference season and he said that the committee holds conference standings to be one of the biggest things when making the final decisions on at-large teams. This would certainly put us ahead of VPI and GT with a win tomorrow.

I think with a win tomorrow and a 1-2 ACCT record we're in for sure. I personally think 1-3 down the stretch would get close, but let's not tempt that.

I'm heading out to the game today.

Back