• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Duke's Mayo Bowl vs. Wisconsin Thread

Ah, these are the Deacs I've been following for 50 years! Hartman is awful today, for sure. And so is our coaching staff. After today, Clawson's record at Wake will be 39-46. Hmmm.

But everyone keeps saying that he's a perfect fit for Wake Forest.

I am unfamiliar with the incoming recruiting class for 2021, but is there a QB among them?

I think Clawson is a good fit, but damn man, learn how to make adjustments.

Ah, these are the Deacs I've been following for 50 years! Hartman is awful today, for sure. And so is our coaching staff. After today, Clawson's record at Wake will be 39-46. Hmmm.

This is pretty dumb. His first two teams were 3-9. This year is a Covid year and while his DC has been awful this year, he isn't responsible for Hartman staring down his WRs and throwing 4 straight picks. The gameplan for this game appears to have been ok. The execution fell flat thanks to Hartman. The QB is the most important position on the field, which is why they win Heismans 90% of the time.

Well, we're sure scaring the shit outta these guys ...

Turnovers the story. Not sure how that is coaching.

Yeah, it's going to be a long off-season, I think though the prospects next season should be pretty positive. At least in a couple minutes of game time, this crazy season will be over, win or lose that is a good thing.

Turnovers the story. Not sure how that is coaching.

Because we run the same fucking play every time. Everyone has figured out that we run RPO and Hartman can’t run. So they squat on the cross and hit the running back.

Clawsen is boring as fuck and has to make some changes

The difference is totally turnovers and most of them are squarely on Sam. Kid has had a terrible day, maybe it motivates him to come back next year to be much better. Hopefully the QB position is an open competition though.

eh this team has had such a weird season, not going to hold this bowl game against them or clawson

i'm proud of the deacs!

Because we run the same fucking play every time. Everyone has figured out that we run RPO and Hartman can’t run. So they squat on the cross and hit the running back.

Clawsen is boring as fuck and has to make some changes

The reason that doesn't really hold water is because Sam threw one pick until today, so obviously the above is not true. I do agree we're too vanilla, but Sam has made bad decisions today, period.

I think Clawson is a good fit, but damn man, learn how to make adjustments.

Clawson needs to mix things up with his RPO Offense. It can become “stale” at times, especially when playing teams that have a DLine that can control the line of scrimmage and completely shut down the running game (see games against Clemson).

I love what Chadwell has done at Coastal with mixing in more of the passing game with a triple option offense. They were passing roughly 30% of the time compared to Army/Navy passing maybe 5 times a game.

Total yardage:
Deacs - 500+
Wisky - 267

TO's and shitty special teams

Back