• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Not much for conspiracy theories in general, but this one actually makes sense. I've been surprised at how subdued most of Fox has been this week (except for Carlson and Hannity of course), one gets the sense that Trump has served his purpose for the Murdochs and they feel no need to go out on a ledge for him, especially if he's likely to lose and then start up a rival right-wing network. They do seem to be pretty adamant about sticking to their original projection of AZ to Biden.

The only conspiracy theory I like better is Fake Melania and that’s because it’s so funny and got so much traction they had to put out an official statement lol

Official Election Month Thread

Well said.

Pete is one of the few Dems who can straight talk to the Fox News crowd to try to undo the brainwashing.

I hear this a lot from Democrats, but I’ve yet to hear a Republican compliment Pete on his Fox News appearances. Do you have any evidence of his effectiveness or camaraderie with that conservative audience? I’ve seen other leftists and progressives appear on the network and not get the same effusive liberal praise for it. Warren, Sanders, Glenn Greenwald are the first that come to mind.

Daniel Dale says this is the most dishonest Trump speech since he started covering him in 2016

Not much for conspiracy theories in general, but this one actually makes sense. I've been surprised at how subdued most of Fox has been this week (except for Carlson and Hannity of course), one gets the sense that Trump has served his purpose for the Murdochs and they feel no need to go out on a ledge for him, especially if he's likely to lose and then start up a rival right-wing network. They do seem to be pretty adamant about sticking to their original projection of AZ to Biden.

I think there is some truth in this. Either Trump starts his on channel or he gets some type of show on Fox News. But my other thought is corporate republicans have to actually love what happened if Biden eventually wins as it appears. Republicans won the senate so nothing major can get passed. Anything bad that happens gets blamed on Biden since he is president and they longer have to defend the Trump craziness and volatility factor.

My mom asked “Do you think Foxnews is happy because they can go back to bring real reporters and not just Trump bullshit shovelers?” I don’t know about the validity of the former, but they have to be at least somewhat relieved about the latter.

I hear this a lot from Democrats, but I’ve yet to hear a Republican compliment Pete on his Fox News appearances. Do you have any evidence of his effectiveness or camaraderie with that conservative audience? I’ve seen other leftists and progressives appear on the network and not get the same effusive liberal praise for it. Warren, Sanders, Glenn Greenwald are the first that come to mind.

Bernie definitely got praise for his town hall appearance.

Pete’s clips went viral. I can’t explain why some clips go viral and others don’t.

Oh shit, Kim Guilfoyle looks like she has done a few lines.

This is going to be epic.

My mom asked “Do you think Foxnews is happy because they can go back to bring real reporters and not just Trump bullshit shovelers?” I don’t know about the validity of the former, but they have to be at least somewhat relieved about the latter.

Damn your mom is long gone, condolences

PA just adds another big chunk of counted votes. 12,582 votes. They net Biden 9,300 in gain on Trump's lead. That lead is now 64,266. Biden has now won over 70% of all votes I have tracked since late this morning.

The walls are closing in on Trump.

Its a slow burn process. Most people that are constantly watching Fox News aren't actually going to change their vote even if they agree with what Pete says, but he says it in a way the Fox anchors have no defense or pushback too, and it normalizes the Democrat message. Trying to convince people that have been part of team sports politics or are brainwashed into believing stereotypes takes a while to change. But you have to take the small gains and be willing to continue to change and push back on the false messaging.

That press conference was absolutely bonkers. I have no idea how anyone can listen to that and come away with a positive view of him.

It probably doesn’t hurt that Trump went on Fox News the morning of the election and shit all over them for not doing enough for him.

PA just adds another big chunk of counted votes. 12,582 votes. They net Biden 9,300 in gain on Trump's lead. That lead is now 64,266. Biden has now won over 70% of all votes I have tracked since late this morning.

The walls are closing in on Trump.

Not to be a dick, but we don't need the math anymore or your vote tracking, now that we have that awesome spreadsheet that tracks everything perfectly. Biden now just needs 57.09% of the remaining votes to win GA. Have not heard anything about provisional ballots yet in GA though, which is interesting.

https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-election-scraper/battleground-state-changes.html

Yeah white suburban Atlanta definitely progressive because its the thing to do while also clearly people that don't actually want super progressive policies. Like Loeffer can run as a gun toting Qanon lady and wont lose a single conservative. Also these runoffs Id put the odds of 2 wins for the Dems super low, more likely this state gives you 1 and 1 just because.

I'm not even all that optimistic for winning one of the seats myself. This was an awful election cycle for Congressional Democratic candidates, and while Biden did well, winning even one of these Senate seats in a runoff is a tall order. Given how badly it went, the Democrats are lucky they didn't lose the House, and they're apparently going to hold it with only a bare majority. Control of the House is definitely in play in 2022, especially as Republicans will control most of the state legislatures around the country and will be sure to heavily gerrymander House districts again for this entire decade.

Back