• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Sometimes you need to show initiative and use those bootstraps. For example you could marry someone that has a family business, then murder your father in-law.

The oldest Gen Xers are 55. The Boomer and Silent dominance is shameful.

In defense of Gen X's, I'll add that since the onset of our professional lives we've suffered through the Clinton Impeachment debacle, the 2000 election, 9/11, 2008 housing collapse, and now COVID. A 50 year old now was ~ 27 when Newt Gingrich launched his completely cynical impeachment of Clinton, 30 during the 2000 election charade, ~31 when the planes hit the twin towers, ~ 38 when the 2008 housing collapse hit and 50 when Covid came along. I think disillusionment and a feeling of powerlessness with the system is a pretty valid response to that series of events.

It’s literally not possible to go back and check signatures. The ballot is separated from the envelope in order to guarantee the anonymity of the vote.

In defense of Gen X's, I'll add that since the onset of our professional lives we've suffered through the Clinton Impeachment debacle, the 2000 election, 9/11, 2008 housing collapse, and now COVID. A 50 year old now was ~ 27 when Newt Gingrich launched his completely cynical impeachment of Clinton, 30 during the 2000 election charade, ~31 when the planes hit the twin towers, ~ 38 when the 2008 housing collapse hit and 50 when Covid came along. I think disillusionment and a feeling of powerlessness with the system is a pretty valid response to that series of events.

Oh definitely. And much of that disillusionment is due to elected boomers and young silents when they were the age Gen X is now. And many of them are still in office.

It’s literally not possible to go back and check signatures. The ballot is separated from the envelope in order to guarantee the anonymity of the vote.

200.gif

You request an absentee ballot with a signature which is then checked. You then receive your absentee ballot, fill it out with a signature, which is then checked. If things do not match you are given time to cure your ballot, whatever problem that may have occurred up to 3 days after the election. Uncured and unmatched ballots are not counted. If everything matches the ballot is removed and counted, separating it from the envelope signature.

I believe one insane remedy that Trump and other dipshits were proposing in some of their lawsuits, not just GA but PA and MI as well, was to check a random number of signatures on envelopes, say like 1,000 and determine if any of them under more scrutiny can be discarded. So say 5% or something claim don't match, then apply that 5% universally across the county or state, since more Biden voters used mail, he loses more votes than Trump and look at that Trump wins.

You request an absentee ballot with a signature which is then checked. You then receive your absentee ballot, fill it out with a signature, which is then checked. If things do not match you are given time to cure your ballot, whatever problem that may have occurred up to 3 days after the election. Uncured and unmatched ballots are not counted. If everything matches the ballot is removed and counted, separating it from the envelope signature.

I believe one insane remedy that Trump and other dipshits were proposing in some of their lawsuits, not just GA but PA and MI as well, was to check a random number of signatures on envelopes, say like 1,000 and determine if any of them under more scrutiny can be discarded. So say 5% or something claim don't match, then apply that 5% universally across the county or state, since more Biden voters used mail, he loses more votes than Trump and look at that Trump wins.

right, which is nuts as fuck because that doesn't mean those votes are fraudulent, just that there was a procedural fuckup by the voter that could be as minor as leaving off middle initial or some shit, right?

Right. But they've always been for using trivial shit to deny people the right to vote.

Google the meaning of the word literally. It now means literally or figuratively. I watched last year's Paleyfest P&R reunion, and Mike Schur took credit/blame for this change in the dictionary. He said he was talking to Rob about being on the show and asked him about something he had bought into, and Rob responded, "I was literally on a yacht in Cyprus...." And he said that was the moment he knew who Chris Traeger would be - a guy who said literally all the time.

It's sad that there are so many more Silents and Boomers than Millenials and Get X'ers

Some say that we're being led by a plutocracy or new aristocracy (a kind of new Gilded Age), but it's really just a gerontocracy - a wealthy, comfortable, complacent group of elderly people who simply refuse to retire and give up their public offices and allow younger generations to assume positions of power. And unfortunately that seems to be even more true of Democrats (especially Congressional Democrats) right now than Republicans. Most of these people will likely just die in office rather than retire. Part of the problem is that many pols are now really residents of DC more than their home states or districts - that's just where they keep a house or apartment to claim residency for representation purposes. They don't want to leave the comfy life they've lived for decades in the nation's capital and return to the boondocks, even if it's NYC or the CA Bay Area.

Last edited:
Back