• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Elon Game Thread

We are playing well all around, but I’m still a little concerned about our short yardage situations in the red zone. Not being able to get 2-3 yards on the ground when we really need them is going to hurt us eventually. The staff really needs to rethink their approach in these situations. Everything else is encouraging. Go Deacs!

Love where Clawson has this program. QB position looks solid for a long time.

I don't think we will see anymore true freshmen having to start at QB for a long time.

Did you see Kearns run up to under center from the shotgun, get the snap and sneak it for first down?

Any injuries to report? Looks like this went about as good as it could go.

Kern has a quick release and throws a nice ball. That was very good drive and he made great plays and decisions.

I don’t think he had an incomplete and made some good RPO decisions. In other news, I love the four game redshirt rule. Some young guys got some good playing time without burning their chance to redshirt.

Elon ran the ball straight up the middle very well today. Makes me concerned with BC’s Dillon next week. Need to get that resolved.

I wouldn't say they did anything "very well." They had under 100 yards rushing and 2.7 yards an attempt.

If you find yourself complaining about today's performance I have a suggestion. Take a look in the mirror and see if your brain is damaged.

Deacons complete the OOC schedule 4-0 as hoped. Players should enjoy the remainder of Homecoming. They have earned it.

This was pretty much a perfect result setting us up well for a tougher stretch coming up. We were able to rest players, avoid any significant injuries and there were enough miscues (dumb penalties and red zone turnover) that the coaches can grill the players on and avoid them feeling too confident for next week.

Clawson said it’s the first time in something like 13 years we’re 4-0 in OOC games

Kern has a quick release and throws a nice ball. That was very good drive and he made great plays and decisions.

I like lots of what he did today. His release has some sidearm action they will work to move over the top. Great depth problem to have. Also surprised to not see Greene or Grouix but they may be thinking like Hartman, save for bigger games in case our two big receivers get hurt.

I like lots of what he did today. His release has some sidearm action they will work to move over the top. Great depth problem to have. Also surprised to not see Greene or Grouix but they may be thinking like Hartman, save for bigger games in case our two big receivers get hurt.

With Perry and Jacqueri Roberson, enough guys to give reps this early. Save the top freshmen for later - or bowl game.

Nice job by the Deacs to secure 4-0 start, get some young guys experience, and emerge without any more key injuries. Otherwise I don't think anybody knows for sure how we're gonna fare thru the remainder of the schedule. It certainly appears that FSU, Lville, State, Duke, BC and Syracuse are beatable. Clemson is a guaranteed loss. Clawson will prove himself a superstar coach if he can manage to get the team to play well in all the winnable games left. I am concerned that our o-line is not going to hold up well for the rest of the season against the better competition and our November schedule. We'll see.

I’m way more concerned about Newman or Strnad getting hurt than I am any other position.

Nice job by the Deacs to secure 4-0 start, get some young guys experience, and emerge without any more key injuries. Otherwise I don't think anybody knows for sure how we're gonna fare thru the remainder of the schedule. It certainly appears that FSU, Lville, State, Duke, BC and Syracuse are beatable. Clemson is a guaranteed loss. Clawson will prove himself a superstar coach if he can manage to get the team to play well in all the winnable games left. I am concerned that our o-line is not going to hold up well for the rest of the season against the better competition and our November schedule. We'll see.

LOWF. We should expect to win all of these games and be competitive against Clemson. In my mind, Clawson is already a superstar coach.

Back