• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Deman is a bad monkey. Someone should spank that monkey.

64135.gif

I get it, you have a spanking fetish. Good for you. Creeper.

So it's 6pm on Wednesday and although we still haven't heard any kind of announcement from Wake, note that we also haven't heard any kind of announcement from VCU or Smart that he's staying. I'm not saying I'm just saying.

So it's 6pm on Wednesday and although we still haven't heard any kind of announcement from Wake, note that we also haven't heard any kind of announcement from VCU or Smart that he's staying. I'm not saying I'm just saying.

Deman is a donk scrounging for subscribers #SCOOP

This. It's enough of an opening to maintain hope.

This. It's enough of an opening to maintain hope.

And I mean, it's not like VCU or Smart wouldn't have a legit reason to say something. 48 hours ago the Internet more or less exploded with rumors that Marquette was about to hold AN EFFING PRESS CONFERENCE announcing its hiring of Smart. And calling it rumors is underselling the point; included in that were sources from local news outlets and subscription-based websites. That whole mess gives VCU or Smart every reasonable opportunity to come out with some blanket and banal statement reiterating that Smart has no plans to leave VCU for MU or any other position, blah blah blah. But they didn't.

And I mean, it's not like VCU or Smart wouldn't have a legit reason to say something. 48 hours ago the Internet more or less exploded with rumors that Marquette was about to hold AN EFFING PRESS CONFERENCE announcing its hiring of Smart. And calling it rumors is underselling the point; included in that were sources from local news outlets and subscription-based websites. That whole mess gives VCU or Smart every reasonable opportunity to come out with some blanket and banal statement reiterating that Smart has no plans to leave VCU for MU or any other position, blah blah blah. But they didn't.

Absolutely

This whole "done deal + shaka silence" thing has serious potential to enter the "wellman fired dino to hire brad stevens" mythological zone

Yeah, but it could be Smart is just trying to get some more money out of VCU.

Could be. But that cow may be getting to the point where it won't give any more milk.
Everyone here I've talked to brings up the new VCU practice facility as a reason why Shaka will stay. In the face of a 60% larger arena investment at WFU, I say it's a selling point for a new VCU coach.

Could be. But that cow may be getting to the point where it won't give any more milk.
Everyone here I've talked to brings up the new VCU practice facility as a reason why Shaka will stay. In the face of a 60% larger arena investment at WFU, I say it's a selling point for a new VCU coach.
And I mean it's not like our bball practice facilities are sub-standard as is.

Yea. If the [Redacted] era was the board at its worst, then this coaching search is the board at its best.

This sounds like a Katie Lembo tweet: "If you can't handle me at my worst then you can't have me at my best."

Back