• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

The unwillingness to hire someone who has the necessary edge because of the "Wake Forest Way" may be one reason we haven't broken through in March.

Seriously. Do you think a school's reputation gets damaged because their basketball coach has a big ego? No one cares as long as you win without blatantly breaking the rules.

People think Skip and Izzo are comparable? I don't think so.

Katie Lembo ‏@kkatielembo 4h
Never forget you're my biggest inspiration and we love you so much! It's gonna get better I promise

She's like a Hallmark card for a new generation.

Seriously. Do you think a school's reputation gets damaged because their basketball coach has a big ego? No one cares as long as you win without blatantly breaking the rules.

I don't know what this means and how it relates to my post.

If vt says we ain't getting Shaka we probably aren't getting Shaka. Sorry guys, dv7 lied to us all.

gifstache.com_486_1342119522.gif

This is why people told Dan we could do even better than Shaka- they knew he wasn't gonna come. Rule #1 Try to manage expectations as best you can.

We get it BSF4L...you don't like Shaka and you don't think we are going to get him.

This is why people told Dan we could do even better than Shaka- they knew he wasn't gonna come. Rule #1 Try to manage expectations as best you can.

Yeah, but they told Dan Shaka was "settling." That seems delusional and to be fair, Dan seems to agree.

Just so we're all on the same page here, who are we blaming for this? And in what order?

Right now I have:

1. dv7
2. Ron Wellman

This only makes sense if we get Marshall. You don't manage expectations by raising them.

Told you last night: Lucy was going to pull that ball away.

Welcome your new coach, Chris Mooney.

Don't forget Ron said the search included looking at ASSISTANT COACHES.

Get ready to welcome Jeff Capel....former VCU coach.

This only makes sense if we get Marshall. You don't manage expectations by raising them.

I'd be fine with Marshall. I don't know how Marshall is a home run if Shaka is "settling."

Back