• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I don't know what this means and how it relates to my post.

Having an asshole, or someone with an edge, for a coach doesn't necessarily compromise your school's "values". But losing certainly makes your school look worse.

I'd be fine with Marshall. I don't know how Marshall is a home run if Shaka is "settling."

Agreed - one can argue that a coach is slightly better than Shaka or a better fit - but who would possibly be dramatically better than him - makes no sense.

Having an asshole, or someone with an edge, for a coach doesn't necessarily compromise your school's "values". But losing certainly makes your school look worse.

So you were agreeing with me?

I don't think you have to be an asshole to have an edge. I do think you can't say stuff like "The End is not the Trophy" or use wit to detract from losses or be a flat out loser like Bz and have an edge.

Yeah, but they told Dan Shaka was "settling." That seems delusional and to be fair, Dan seems to agree.

Dan's sources knew we weren't going to get Shaka so they tried to hurt his brand in the eyes of Wake fans. "Shaka's really not that great, he'd be settling. Ron's swinging for the fences. Just you wait and see." Of course it's bs and Shaka would've been a homerun.

Dolphan so nice of you to drop by.

What schools exactly would you list as better basketball destinations then VCU ?

Also any rumblings from your area about Wake at all ?

Of course. Better destinations than VCU? Quite a few but you know that already. (For Siff Only: Then vs. Than, "lack of understand of the English language." Right?)

Rumblings on our side? None. You are more than welcome to come on our site to see for yourself. Again, this is old hat for us. You guys have actually been very civil compared to the Illinois and Marquette fans.

POSITIVE VIBES HERE STILL PEEPS.

Shaka is going to take a weekend away from his shitty VCU offices, step back, and realize how obvious his choice is. PRESS CONFERENCE MONDAY.

Agreed - one can argue that a coach is slightly better than Shaka or a better fit - but who would possibly be dramatically better than him - makes no sense.

And that's what I'm worried about. Either we're chasing waterfalls or have an irrationally high opinion of a candidate like Howland or Tubby because of the Final Fours.

Dan's people certainly weren't referring to Archie.

Yeah, but they told Dan Shaka was "settling." That seems delusional and to be fair, Dan seems to agree.

The comparison is weird but there is no doubt that Marshall would be a home run.

Of course. Better destinations than VCU? Quite a few but you know that already. (For Siff Only: Then vs. Than, "lack of understand of the English language." Right?)

Rumblings on our side? None. You are more than welcome to come on our site to see for yourself. Again, this is old hat for us. You guys have actually been very civil compared to the Illinois and Marquette fans.

What kind of shit were they saying?

Your passive aggressiveness can't hurt me, dolphan!

Can you clarify what a "Wake Forest kind of guy" is?

I think that at Wake Forest you have to truly want to engage academically. that is what we are about. Now even if you are Rodney Rogers and certainly marginal academically, and one knows you are not going to graduate but go to the NBA, do you want to engage academically and grow. It is about personal growth. IF you are not interested in academic life and just want to major in pre nba, you just are not going to like it. Jabari Parker I'm sure has engaged academically at Duke. So it is not just a wake thing, but with our size it is a big part of the values of Wake

Of course. Better destinations than VCU? Quite a few but you know that already. (For Siff Only: Then vs. Than, "lack of understand of the English language.

Please tell us though. Because we seem to have it wrong that wfu > vcu.

Wasn't that referring to coaches?

I assume that the people who told Dan landing Shaka would be "settling" have a preference for old guys like Tubby, Few, Barnes, and possibly Jay Wright. I also assume they are just the usual AD acolytes and not people of influence in the process.

Back