• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

So, the alleged 4pm Friday meeting with Hatch, BoT member(s), and a candidate: was it Shaka? Was it someone else?

Bennett had a better record in his three years at Wazzu (in a better conference) than Miller has had in his three years at Dayton.

I'm not gonna look it up but I imagine Gregory and Donahue also looked impressive. Which is why I'd prefer we get Shaka/Marshall/Howland. Archie has had a great run but I would consider him to be "settling". I would be much less confident with someone like Archie.

But Marshall deserves that kind of money. Chris Mack for $2-2.5? Absolutely not. I get the "have more money, more people will be attracted." So you go with the guys that are worth the money you're willing to dish out, not the guys that are interested at $1.5.

Instead of overpaying for Chris Mack I'd much rather we just pay one of the top coaches what they're worth.

So, the alleged 4pm Friday meeting with Hatch, BoT member(s), and a candidate: was it Shaka? Was it someone else?

For people that heard this somewhere other than the board, did you hear from sources that make you trust that this really did happen? Are we confident this happened. If so, you have to think we will hear something VERY soon.

skype.jpg

I'm not gonna look it up but I imagine Gregory and Donahue also looked impressive. Which is why I'd prefer we get Shaka/Marshall/Howland. Archie has had a great run but I would consider him to be "settling". I would be much less confident with someone like Archie.

Looking at win/loss record is an awful awful way to evaluate coaching candidates. Gregory and Donahue were horrible candidates and Archie is an amazing candidate. They are more dissimilar than they are similar. I actually wrote a decent length post in the coaching thread using Donahue as the exact candidate type to avoid.

Looking at win/loss record is an awful awful way to evaluate coaching candidates. Gregory and Donahue were horrible candidates and Archie is an amazing candidate. They are more dissimilar than they are similar. I actually wrote a decent length post in the coaching thread using Donahue as the exact candidate type to avoid.

You should publish it and send it out to ADs across the country to aid them in their future coaching searches.

I could definitely do better than ADs in coaching searches, no doubt. But that's a pretty low bar.

They get paid pretty well. You must be bathing in cash or just really bad at interviews if you haven't gotten an AD job.

My general opinion is that Marquette was not a serious option and Wake is really being vetted. I would not be surprised if he and his wife had the weekend to think it over.

Don't recall seeing this posted yet, but Marshall lost his top asst to Bowling Green, coincidentally:

http://www.kansas.com/2014/03/25/3367791/jans-introduced-as-bowling-greens.html

The Wichita Eagle hasn't really engaged in much speculation w/r/t Marshall, but perhaps that is a good sign for us. But if Marshall is now without his top asst and key recruiting cog, perhaps he'll be much more open to a change of scenery?

If BC offered Shaka 5 million and he turns it down you would have to question his qualifications to be a head coach. That is close to what SABAN was making.

Back