• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

That's some dedication to lurking. Congrats.

Yea, no kidding. I actually know a small handful of you people IRL, but this coaching search is bringing me out of the woodwork. I'll go back into hiding after we hire Shaka.

93267d378d6fd97e30fafa43b50608b7.gif

"That's either a smokescreen to prevent leaks (which I expect), or an indication that it's not going as well as expected. The process is pretty simple: Identify candidate (which i bet we did months ago), offer a ton of money to that candidate, and wait to hear back. If first candidate doesn't accept, repeat. Shouldn't take much time "

Exactly. The week end is over. Either announce or move on

I think if 2:00-2:30 rolls around and still radio silence we have reason to believe Shaka is 95% out and we can expect another 24-48 hrs. Logical next step is a full court press on Archie I think

Can we get a moratorium on the gifs since most of us are posting from work?

I think if 2:00-2:30 rolls around and still radio silence we have reason to believe Shaka is 95% out and we can expect another 24-48 hrs. Logical next step is a full court press on Archie I think

Yeah some of my co-workers asked me last week (mon/tue) who I bet we got and I told them Archie. Still figure that is where we end up but like everyone else was really hoping for Shaka or Marshall. In my eyes that's the home run hire. Archie would be a triple though.

I'm thinking we may need another round of Biff's Gifs (TM) to lighten the mood. :tear:

I read nothing into Wellman's comments from last week beyond trying to buy some time to get things done before people start getting ansy. We have been told we offered Shaka the middle of last week with some expectation that we would get a timely response. Then the rumor was the weekend to think it over. As the weekend was passing it was Monday morning. With the weekend coming to a close, "by Tuesday". The decision day has been a moving target. I agree that a "Yes" can take some time to line up, but I am also worried we have our answer and we know Wellman isn't going to leak that. VCU doesn't have any urgency in leaking that either. I am holding out hope that we get good news about Shaka, but with more time passing those fun rumors were either erroneous speculation or on the money but we just got a negative answer. If the rumors were legit, we heard more about this search than any of the prior ones. This one is obviously the most anticipated, so maybe that is why. My fear is that nothing of real substance was leaked and we were fed rumors that simply kept us off of Ron's real trail. That would be more consistent with Ron's SOP.

Was it DeaconKing who leaked the rumors about the offer to Shaka? Where has he been?

I think it's time to move on from Shaka. Shaka doesn't seem like a coach who would string us a long just to say no; I'm betting we got our answer days ago.

Sports Board threads: 9,546
Replies on this thread: 9,326

Random, coincidentally close numbers that mean nothing. I just need to pass the time. This waiting sucks like a hoover.

Was it DeaconKing who leaked the rumors about the offer to Shaka? Where has he been?

I think it's time to move on from Shaka. Shaka doesn't seem like a coach who would string us a long just to say no; I'm betting we got our answer days ago.

Yeah but Wellman has been out of town. If he turned us down I'd expect a news blurb about it like when he turned Marquette down.

Back