• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

I don't think it is too much to ask. Just until 5:00 and then you guys can go ham with the gifs. I'm as anxious as the next guy and the constant threat of dogs banging while puking (though I find it quite amusing) poppin up on the screen only adds to my anxiety.

2saxc8l.jpg

This oddly conveyed we still have no news.

OGB just gave me the sads. I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into his posts/being #dense

Maybe we should really start talking about Danny Manning.

I like Manning and would be happy if he were the hire. But I'd go to Miller first. If we don't get Shaka, Miller is my next choice.

What I do find odd about the more global coaching searches is that Marshall's name isn't getting out there much. And Marquette appears to be uninterested in Howland with all the names we're seeing connected to them.

I like Manning and would be happy if he were the hire. But I'd go to Miller first. If we don't get Shaka, Miller is my next choice.

What I do find odd about the more global coaching searches is that Marshall's name isn't getting out there much. And Marquette appears to be uninterested in Howland with all the names we're seeing connected to them.

Looks like Cuonzo is headed to Marquette. Tennessee has a ton of money. Expect them to be a player. They worry me.

Yeah but Wellman has been out of town. If he turned us down I'd expect a news blurb about it like when he turned Marquette down.
True on both parts. But the difference is there haven't been any tweets about Wake and Shaka coming to an agreement like there were for Shaka and Marquette.

It seems like every day we get a message about "we should know in the next few hours an answer". And yet another day passes.

If wake20's speculation that we have moved on from Smart is true, we will see a small flood of posters with #sources coming on here to post the same info.

I won't panic until then.

Yeah but Wellman has been out of town. If he turned us down I'd expect a news blurb about it like when he turned Marquette down.

Same. I truly believe the $ amount tossed around had to at least warrant serious consideration. I'm guessing that last Wed/Thurs Shaka weighed our offer vs Marquettes and turned down Marquette due in part to the AD/Pres situation and possibly because we had a better offer. Then likely took the weekend to decide between doubling his salary in a move or staying at VCU.

Billy Donavon just got an extension (2 titles, possibly 3rd this year) putting him at 3.7 mil. We've heard we offered 3 mil as well as Marquette, so there aren't a lot of people making that type of money in college hoops. Shaka had to at least be tempted.

No. It makes the thread unreadable on Tapatalk, and I've fielded as many complaints about the gifs as I have about RJ in the last couple days.

people really do complain about everything (insert #millennialbullshit here). it's irritating on tapatalk but can't you just scroll down past the gifs?

people really do complain about everything (insert #millennialbullshit here). it's irritating on tapatalk but can't you just scroll down past the gifs?

It delays the loading of the rest of the page. It's pretty damn annoying actually.

If wake20's speculation that we have moved on from Smart is true, we will see a small flood of posters with #sources coming on here to post the same info.

I won't panic until then.

Poor, oppressed Hoopla, the awesome poster you wanted to ban, is the only reason for hope right now. So if you don't believe him, you might as well get a head start.

Maya Smart ‏@MayaSmart 3m
"Success is making the best choices we can ... and accepting them." - Sheryl Sandberg #leanin

Back