• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

Just showed a quick clip and report on Danny Manning meeting with WFU on ESPN2.

we do not know for sure who Wellman has been wooing the past week. We think it is Shaka but we do not know. He probably was negotiating or checking out a few people.

We know he is not waiting on a coach in the Final 4. If he is waiting on a coach in the NIT then it is Larry Brown or Little Pitino. Only way the elderly Brown comes would be with Childress as his coach in waiting.

ESPN just reported Manning has not been offered but is leading candidate.

It really feels like Manning is trying to get a raise/extension from Tulsa out of our interest.

At least how things have been reported thus far.

Lets hope so. If there are no other candidates Ron will be forced to make the right decision and hire Howland for 4 years. Let him get shit back on track then fire him for all I care. The program needs a recovery before we start delving into "promising hires".

gdp_gif.gif

My avatar represents the fuck up wellman is

Everybody loves to pick on the pizza and apple jokes

Well guess what dumb fucks, I've been right since the beginning

And I may be talking out of turn but rjk has been buzz out since the beginning

Publicly he may have fudged because he wanted to be positive but behind the scenes he said it was a disaster

Most of my serious opinions come from my discussions with rjk

He knows his basketball

No troll

This

RJ's source that all the haders mock is legit. I've seen the correspondence. He was right about Shaka looking into it to (aka we fit his type in some ways)

It really feels like Manning is trying to get a raise/extension from Tulsa out of our interest.

At least how things have been reported thus far.

Unless we offer substantially less than Tulsa, I have a really hard time believing that Manning would turn us down if we offer. But I suppose if he doesn't think he's ready for the ACC...

Unless we offer substantially less than Tulsa, I have a really hard time believing that Manning would turn us down if we offer. But I suppose if he doesn't think he's ready for the ACC...

Well at least one person involved in the process realizes this...

It just seems like the leaks are coming from Manning's side. Which would benefit a coach a lot more if he wanted to gain leverage for an extension than it would if the coach actually wanted the job change. Plus the quotes following the Tulsa meeting with Manning today were pretty solid.

But what do I know, could definitely be wrong.

There are almost never leaks from WF. As irritating as the wait is, you have to admire the ability to keep things quiet.

Although I still think that it would be a colossal mistake to permit the fans to think we are in the running for Smart or Marshall when actually we are working to sign Manning. In that event you have to get the word out that we are fishing in shallow water.

My avatar represents the fuck up wellman is

Everybody loves to pick on the pizza and apple jokes

Well guess what dumb fucks, I've been right since the beginning

And I may be talking out of turn but rjk has been buzz out since the beginning

Publicly he may have fudged because he wanted to be positive but behind the scenes he said it was a disaster

Most of my serious opinions come from my discussions with rjk

He knows his basketball

No troll

This

RJ's source that all the haders mock is legit. I've seen the correspondence. He was right about Shaka looking into it to (aka we fit his type in some ways)

tagteam.gif

Back