• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

giphy.gif

?

Hai reginator

@TWSportsExtra: Being courted by Wake Forest, TU coach Danny Manning meets with TU officials, who hope to keep him. http://t.co/Dj7MwDZ3oJ

So basically Danny's just trying to get paid, and Danny's people leaked an exaggerated claim to ESPN that he was Wake's leader.
Upon which the story suddenly became gospel.

Mocksville hasn't been very accurate with his scoops, but FWIW from the other board.

I was at practice and talked to a couple of the basketball players and they told me it was a done deal with Manning and it will be announced soon and they are ecstatic, because he played in the NBA, and he is a legend to them.

April Fools joke gone wrong (no surprise given the source).

It is, I hit it

NTTAWWT

Townie I broke the real story and you pos repped me

#scoop lol

Or something real close

I thought the BSD guys #scooped the Buzz firing. You definitely made the first new thread, though.

Shit. Took forever to skim the ~1,500 posts from today. I have a headache from all the density.

If (as it appears) Manning is the source of all of these rumors to get more money out of Tulsa can you imagine how pissed Wellman is?

There are almost never leaks from WF. As irritating as the wait is, you have to admire the ability to keep things quiet.

Although I still think that it would be a colossal mistake to permit the fans to think we are in the running for Smart or Marshall when actually we are working to sign Manning. In that event you have to get the word out that we are fishing in shallow water.

That's basically what has been happening the last 24 hours. Do you think Wake would let a low tier candidate do what Manning has been doing without a word to Dan that it's not serious?

@TWSportsExtra: Being courted by Wake Forest, TU coach Danny Manning meets with TU officials, who hope to keep him. http://t.co/Dj7MwDZ3oJ

So basically Danny's just trying to get paid, and Danny's people leaked an exaggerated claim to ESPN that he was Wake's leader.
Upon which the story suddenly became gospel.

Maybe there was mutual use going on here. Manning used us to Beamer Tulsa. And we used him as a 2 day diversion. For what, I dunno.

That's why you toss 4 mil his way if you have to. Luring him away from VCU makes a massive statement. Even if he is only worth 3, the pr and recruiting value is well worth it.

You got a mil to chip in? That's just crazy talk.....:tard:

Back