• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

expectations management above is a great observation.

This is like telling your wife you will be home by 7 but stroll through the door at 8 instead of saying I should hopefully be home by 9 and then showing up early

But it's the perfect deflection for the OWGs Wellman has to deal with. "I did all I could, but that young independent female, she wouldn't listen to reason! Because of her emotions!"

Anyone who is married or has dated a girl seriously pulls the move all the time

But it's the perfect deflection for the OWGs Wellman has to deal with. "I did all I could, but that young independent female, she wouldn't listen to reason! Because of her emotions!"

We're about to hire a completely unproven black coach. Lets relax with the owg shaming for a day or two.

ugg the lowf of talking ourselves into the how and why of manning is extremely depressing.

I hope he turns us down.Purely to see where Ronny would turn next. Again fuck you ron.

If not i wish danny the best.

Glad baseball started thats for sure

I'm not sure anyone crushed the Bzz hire more than me on the Scout board. Older posters will remember. Several sunshine posters actually tried to get me kicked out of premium. This is not the same thing, hiring Manning, and if you can't see that, I honestly don't know what to say.
Yes, we have this in common, Deman and his posse were pretty fierce in those days. Not sure why you are so fired up on Manning. He is under-qualified but if he is hired I hope he hits the ground running and gets us some shooters.

I think the idea was it was floated out or leaked by the AD.

To be fair, there were a few people here mocking her too, which no doubt the fat guys in Joey Rodriguez jerseys tweeted to her before their shift at Chevron

Will everyone head to a full meltdown mode if the story leaks that after visiting, Manning has opted to stay @ Tulsa? I can't imagine the names RW has to go looking for if this occurs.

Also had a lot to do with two missed buzzer beaters.

Yes, Dayton beat two bizarre and relatively mediocre big name basketball teams in the NCAA tourney: Ohio State and Syracuse. Bottomline is that Dayton was the last team in the tourney from the A10. They would have played in the First Four but the committee likely didn't want to have them play games in Dayton. They want on a nice run but the verdict is still out on Miller as well. He likely wanted to leave the option open to coach at NC State. Coming to Wake would pretty much have killed that dream.

Will everyone head to a full meltdown mode if the story leaks that after visiting, Manning has opted to stay @ Tulsa? I can't imagine the names RW has to go looking for if this occurs.

This + a billion

Wait, so that article made you think we were going to get somebody better than Shaka? And that's what got you excited?

No, man. But that article gave the fan base something concrete to point to in terms of expectations. It wasn't just dreams made of sparkles and gold stars, anymore - an AD rep or a prominent booster told our beat writer that there were perhaps better options than Shaka out there, and we were going after them.

Again, it was fucking retarded.

ugg the lowf of talking ourselves into the how and why of manning is extremely depressing.

I hope he turns us down.Purely to see where Ronny would turn next. Again fuck you ron.

+1 I hope he turns us down as well. Would increase pressure on Wellman and maybe he'd be able to pull off a miracle. Most likely, we'd be left with Turner or some bullshit, but at this point I dont mind taking that risk. Fuck you Ron

There's literally an entire thread for this. No need to clutter the coaching thread with it.

It is what it is and I hope Manning is successful blah blah blah...Having said that, my distain for Wellman is at a all time high. He fired Dino (a decision most of us agreed with) after a 20+ win season and a win in the tournament. Ron claimed it was because of his lack of success in March....

If Manning accepts the position, Ron will have hired two coaches in the past 4 years with ZERO TOURNAMENT WINS COMBINED!!!!

He conducted the searches his own way, refused any outside consultation and failed miserably. We don't have unrealistic expectations, Wellman set our expectations 4 years ago when he cited post season success.

(and I don't get the Harry Giles conversation....He is the exact type of player Wellman wants our program to avoid.)

Think a lot of folks would have more respect for Wellman if he had just come out and said that he and Dino had a difference in philosophy and were parting ways amicably for the betterment of both parties. Now he can't live down the fact that he pointed to post-season (and late season) failure as the reason for parting ways with Dino. And why the extension just several months prior? Obviously something really bad happened that couldn't be reconciled within the framework of the Wake Forest Way, and both Dino and Wake Forest are still paying the price 4 years later.

Back