• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Hoops Coaching Search Thread - Welcome Danny Manning!!!

It is amazing how so many ignorant people (ignorant as to what actually happened) are so certain that they know everything!

I tell you what. I'm going to stop complaining. Danny Manning offers one thing that we haven't had at our program for 40 years now. HOPE.

Yes, his resume isn't as long as we expected it to be and his name doesn't have the gravitas of Smart, or Marshall, or Howland. He has spent some time in the NBA, and our future recruits will want to have a coach that knows what it takes to play at that level. That's a plus.

Let's all agree to disagree with Wellman on the hire now, but support our new coach and the team - if only because he's not Jeff fucking [Redacted]. Wellman is going to retire soon, and if Manning doesn't work out, Wellman's replacement will surely do a better job with the coaching search.

Good luck Coach Manning, you're going to need it.

It would be so awesome if "Jeff fucking [Redacted]" autocorrected to "name fucking redacted".

I'll find some way of justifying this hire to myself before the fall. Hell, I was #BuzzIn for a time.

But, I'm really just kind of bummed about this hire right now.

Somebody, please sell me on this without resorting to the same rhetoric that the AD fucks used when they forced [name redacted] down our throats. Just spare me that.

SayHey's been a big proponent of the "Largest Penis in the ACC" appeal of Manning. I sincerely doubt our AD will be pushing that.

"Just a pitiful approach to life. There's a reason I've had you on ignore for say... years. Just one more asswipe in the WF fanbase."

- deacfreke2

A badge of honor, deacfreke2. God, it must suck to be average and to be so accepting of mediocrity.

Danny Manning has alot higher likelihood of success here than Jeff [name redacted].

That would have been true if we would have hired him as an asst from Kansas instead of [name redacted].

It's funny to me that we potentially didn't reach out to Howland or Marshall because of their reputations as assholes. Who fucking cares. They win games. They aren't hired to kiss Ron's ass or sing in the church choir. I guarantee people would learn to love Howland's attitude the moment he tells K to fuck off at center court. The whole point of this hire should have been to rattle cages in the AD. Manning might be a good dude, but I just get the sense that RW refuses to look at candidates he feels might stand up to him. I guess there is a chance we put feelers out to both guys, but I have tremendous doubt. Sad is so many ways.

It's funny to me that we potentially didn't reach out to Howland or Marshall because of their reputations as assholes. Who fucking cares.

This is indeed troubling, and where the angst and gnashing of teeth should be directed, IMO.

It's funny to me that we potentially didn't reach out to Howland or Marshall because of their reputations as assholes. Who fucking cares. They win games. They aren't hired to kiss Ron's ass or sing in the church choir. I guarantee people would learn to love Howland's attitude the moment he tells K to fuck off at center court. The whole point of this hire should have been to rattle cages in the AD. Manning might be a good dude, but I just get the sense that RW refuses to look at candidates he feels might stand up to him. I guess there is a chance we put feelers out to both guys, but I have tremendous doubt. Sad is so many ways.
Wait, so you're sure that's the reason we're not hiring either of those guys and not something else? There are a bazillion reasons why we may not have wanted them or why they may not have wanted us.

If the choices were hiring Alan Smith, Russell Turner of keeping [Redacted] for a fifth year, yes, I'd hire Alan Smith.

A ringing endorsement for sure.

I don't know why people act like [redacted] coaching the Nugs for 2 seasons was such an accomplishment. For 1. He got fired after 2 seasons. 2. He didn't win the job, he was already an assistant coach on the team and got bumped up because he was butt buddies with the GM. Fuck [redacted], and fuck the people who supported his hiring.

Don't disagree with any of this. That's not where we were four years ago, though.

"Just a pitiful approach to life. There's a reason I've had you on ignore for say... years. Just one more asswipe in the WF fanbase."

- deacfreke2

A badge of honor, deacfreke2. God, it must suck to be average and to be so accepting of mediocrity.

That retard gave me a scathing reputation comment but accidentally pawsed me. I couldn't tell if he was being ironic, sarcastic, or stupid.

"Potentially didn't reach". Wonderful premise for an argument.

HOW the hell can you just throw away Battle and Chill? No way they could get anybody to come to Wake when you know who was in charge!?!?!?!

if manning got giles, i would jump quickly from scared to boner

Back